Have you ever almost lost your mind? (bootloop part 2)

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep... Had a 505 fail a while back and AT&T sent me a brand new 511 which was nice as I thought I was getting a refurb instead. Thought I was all good but the damn thing just rebooted out of nowhere and is looping. Just documenting my frustrations as I'm fairly sure I'm just going to smash this with a hammer to feel better and get a 6p. I stuck with this phone and gave LG a chance even after the 505 problem but I'm done.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
im on my 3rd G4. even better, Verizon charged me $300 when i sent it in for the 3rd phone, saying....water damage (there was none). fought and fought it, didn't get anywhere it was insane

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
im on my 3rd G4. even better, Verizon charged me $300 when i sent it in for the 3rd phone, saying....water damage (there was none). fought and fought it, didn't get anywhere it was insane

Nice... What a crock of crap. I've been reading and reading this forum ever since I got my G4 and all I see are threads about bootloops and lockups. I really thought my 511 model saved the day for me :(

nik19605

Banned
Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Both me and my wife had G4s, she went thru 4 of them and i went thru 3 of them. We had best buy protection on them and when my wife's died it was 1 week and 1 day after the warranty ran out, so best buy shook us down for $150. After all the refurbished i finally had enuff and worked something out with sprint and now we have brand new GS7s. The build quality is 100% better and the voice quality is equally better. I will never again consider LG for a phone again.

Posted via the Android Central App

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
what upset me the most, on this current replacement, even with the full and most expensive Verizon insurance, they still charged me $300 due to this phantom"water damage". The conversations were mind numbingly comical. They said there was corrosion in the charge port, which is why it failed. So I countered back with this being the now 3rd G4 they would be sending me, with the now well known bootloop issue.

They replied that the corrosion was the issue when they recieved it, to which i had to explain..."well it was bootlooped when I returned it, so I guess in the 2 days it took to ship to you guys, i guess it also corroded?"

Which then led down another confusing path, which i asked what the insurance was for, if it wasn't even covering accidental damage HAD it actually been water damage. They said something about defects....which got me wondering shouldn't a customer be protected against buying a defective phone anyway?

Just a horrible experience from start to finish. cant wait for this current replacement to loop on me in a few months.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Just packed this bad-boy up and sending it back to LG for warranty. AT&T wouldn't even talk about it since this was already a replacement and was past the 90 days. I pulled the trigger on a 64g 6p from amazons prime day sale and it's sofaking nice. I had one before for just a few days and never gave it a chance because of the size. I really had no choice this time since I'm without a phone and I'm used to the size now. Loaded the #5 N preview and I'm just as happy a pig in ****. So clean and smooth and no bloat or BS. IDK what I'll do with this G4 when I get it back but I wanted to love it so much. If I could put the 6p guts in the G4 form factor I'd never need another phone.

robchow

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Both me and my wife had G4s, she went thru 4 of them and i went thru 3 of them. We had best buy protection on them and when my wife's died it was 1 week and 1 day after the warranty ran out, so best buy shook us down for $150. After all the refurbished i finally had enuff and worked something out with sprint and now we have brand new GS7s. The build quality is 100% better and the voice quality is equally better. I will never again consider LG for a phone again.

Wow, that is some story. My phone died a few days ago; I got it through Best Buy during the Thanksgiving special for $1 (8 months ago). I am wondering if I should just forgo the replacement and purchase a S7.

tdr01

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My G4 bootlooped a couple months ago. When it happened I bought a Note 5 before I sent mine to LG to fix it. Got it back but now I'm debating if I'm gonna use it again... Mostly every person on here are having this continuous problem and I'm definitely not trying to go thru that bs again

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The concept of this phantom water damage is scary. Anyone at their end can say anything about finding external damage.

I'm on my 3rd G4 (first one boot looping, second one had the primary mic cut out; fortunately both under warranty).For what it's worth, before sending the defective units back, I took a video (with LED light for clarity) showing all around the G4 and down into the headphone jack (I think there is a water damage indicator sticker in there), close up of the SIM contacts, etc., and then packaging into the return box.

I have no idea if this would ever hold up in a dispute but just a suggestion - we have to protect ourselves to the best we can.