Headphone dongle issue

nbouwman

Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm trying to listen to music at work, the audio will not work through the headphones. It gives me the option to choose what the phone does with the input, so sometimes choosing "midi" will fix it. However, this morning it won't work even when I choose midi. It keeps playing through phone speaker. How do I fix it to listen to music through head phones? Do Bluetooth ones work better? This makes me miss my iPhone... 😩

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can only answer the Bluetooth portion of your post.
When I purchased my Pixel 2 XL I decided to go with a wireless headset at the same time.
I purchased a Sony WH1000XM2 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth headset.
It has worked flawlessly with my Pixel 2 XL for over 9 months and I love it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can only answer the Bluetooth portion of your post.
When I purchased my Pixel 2 XL I decided to go with a wireless headset at the same time.
I purchased a Sony WH1000XM2 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth headset.
It has worked flawlessly with my Pixel 2 XL for over 9 months and I love it.

OMG I never knew how good ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) was until I got my Bose QC25s! (Gotta love Prime Day!)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
OMG I never knew how good ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) was until I got my Bose QC25s! (Gotta love Prime Day!)

One never realizes how much irritating background noise there is anywhere you are until you experience good ANC. When you hear your music with absolutely no background noise its truly a revelation, isn't it?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
One never realizes how much irritating background noise there is anywhere you are until you experience good ANC. When you hear your music with absolutely no background noise its truly a revelation, isn't it?

Its amazing! And the Bose headphones are so comfortable too!

I know, right? My QC35s are just awesome for ANC.

I would LOVE to have the 35s, but I just can't see spending 350 on headphones! I got the 25s for 125 on Amazon Prime Day.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

The problem with that type of ANC is it impacts the sound profile. You are actually better off with headphones that reduce noise but don't completely take it out. What's left is usually removed by the music.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Its amazing! And the Bose headphones are so comfortable too!

I would LOVE to have the 35s, but I just can't see spending 350 on headphones! I got the 25s for 125 on Amazon Prime Day.
I paid £235 nearly 3 years ago and mine are still in immaculate condition, despite using them most days.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem with that type of ANC is it impacts the sound profile. You are actually better off with headphones that reduce noise but don't completely take it out. What's left is usually removed by the music.

Theory is fine but my basis for what I said is simply what I hear. My degree is in performance on violin and piano. Here's a photo of my music room where I spend several hours practicing every day. I hear live music performances frequently. I like to think that I know what real music sounds like.

DSC00453-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Theory is fine but my basis for what I said is simply what I hear. My degree is in performance on violin and piano. Here's a photo of my music room where I spend several hours practicing every day. I hear live music performances frequently. I like to think that I know what real music sounds like.

View attachment 287107

I'm not going by theory.....not one bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohsin sadat