Hello and help!

phonegate

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

This looks to be a great forum. I was looking for ways to modify my Verizon Fascinate. I just got the new RAZR MAXX and want to turn the Fascinate into a small tablet for my children. WiFi only. What I want is absolutely no phone functionality at all. I don't even want to see it. What is the best ROM for me to flash?

Does ICS do this?

I did read some of the stickies and did some searches but can't seem to find info on this.

Also I wiped the phone and now I have the activate screen come on whenever I re-power it. I have to do the code each time so hoping to get rid of this also.

Thanks All!

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you transfered your phone number to the Maxx the Fascinate should be wifi enabled only. No access to the dialer or SMS. My son uses my retired stock Fasc. as a gaming device/mp3 player.

Sent from a Rezound with tapatalk2

phonegate

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
If you transfered your phone number to the Maxx the Fascinate should be wifi enabled only. No access to the dialer or SMS. My son uses my retired stock Fasc. as a gaming device/mp3 player.

Sent from a Rezound with tapatalk2

Yes, that is the case. But 911 can still be dialed. Also I did a factory reset which now requires a code be entered every time the phone is booted since it wants to try and activate.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Once you root it (and flash a ROM if you want). You can use an app like titanium backup to remove apps, such as the phone app.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe the option to dial 911 is always going to be there (for safety reasons) as long as the phone is in a service area. I think a simpler option would be to use a launcher (nova launcher has this feature) which allows you to hide apps you don't want access to. This way, you can put the phone in airplane mode (which would really prevent any cell services from being used) and hide the settings, phone, messaging or any other apps you choose. I believe removing or freezing any of the core service apps like phone.apk would just cause a force close loop as they're meant to be running all the time.

Sent from my ICS'd Galaxy S.