Hello to All

Blueribbon3

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Just active in motorcycle forums. Now, I'll drop in on this one regularly.

Just got my first smart phone, Galaxy S-4 six days ago, and I'm so frustrated in how to learn.

Once I got the Google Calendar set up, and am able to put in events, but two things are happening.

I can't acknowledge an event alarm when it goes off. On left is a red circle with an X in it and on the right is a green circle with some zzz in it. I tried swiping both of them, and nothing happens.

Now when I use my blue tooth, the very first thing is Google calendar tells me "you have 7 missed events" They are not missed, just can't clear them.

I was a big fan of Outlook, but since I use Chrome and my son is a strong advocate of Google, I decided to start there with a new device. Will have to learn one feature at a time.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not too familiar with the S4's interface, but when the event alarm comes up, are you starting the swipe from the center, and then swiping towards the red circle to dismiss the alarm, or towards the green circle to snooze?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The Samsung interface has changed often in the past two years, that I am not sure what to suggest.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

We have a strong and resourceful Galaxy S4 community here that should be able to help you get those issues resolved.

Enjoy the forums!

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I wish I could help but on my Note 3 I don't have the the "Red and Green" and my notifications cancel out just fine. As Paul has suggested I'd ask this on the Galaxy S4 forums as their knowledge of your device would be higher.

Edit: Downloaded Google calendar and all seems fine on my end. I dont have Bluetooth readily available to test that though.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Let us know if you have further questions with the alarm issue. Enjoy the S4 Forums as well - lots of good information there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app