jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So, unwrapped my new s4 today. Haven't had a chance to test drive it yet as I'm waiting for my screen protection covers. Got my armor case a few days ago and I'm ITCHING to try this thing. But, i m going to hold off until the screen protectors arrive. So, any tips for a new s4 user?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, unwrapped my new s4 today. Haven't had a chance to test drive it yet as I'm waiting for my screen protection covers. Got my armor case a few days ago and I'm ITCHING to try this thing. But, i m going to hold off until the screen protectors arrive. So, any tips for a new s4 user?

I would say just take a few days to learn the new device, and then ask us what you want to change.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Also, if yours has the latest 300MB+ update availabile (Apps2SD), install it and see if it goes through the battery burn issue. If it does, do a factory reset before you start settling in. If it doesn't, lucky you and carry on :)

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
How do I start that update?
Menu -> Settings -> More... -> System Update -> Update Firmware/Samsung Software/Profile/PRL. If it says no firmware update available, go back one and hit About Device. If the top of the list ends in "MF9", the phone's already updated.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well Yea. I don't want the screen to look like the surface of mars now do I? Lol I had one touch screen phone without screen protector and never again. Felt like touching fine sandpaper after a few months of usage.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well Yea. I don't want the screen to look like the surface of mars now do I? Lol I had one touch screen phone without screen protector and never again. Felt like touching fine sandpaper after a few months of usage.

This makes me wonder what you do to your phones lol. I've never had this issue. Lol

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I would never be able to get a new toy and not play with it already. Even when I'm at best buy its already out of the package before I get in my car :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

zoooN

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
LOL i cant understand that you're not using your new phone bcos you wait for screenprotector.. i would just use it carefully and clean the screen be4 adding the protection filter..

- Sent from my Galaxy S4 -