HELP! Broken s3 screen!!

anon(7804363)

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys :)

I dropped my phone & only half of the screen was visible. Later that night, it was all black. The digitilizer is fine as I can still unlock the screen by swiping it but thats it. I can hear the phone getting txt messages & messages via facebook messenger app. The buttons light up & the notifications light still flashes but thats it. Im on the Vodaone NZ carrier & it's a Samsung Galaxy S3.

What part of my phone needs to be fixed? I am going to attempt fixing it myself :-[ lol.

Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The going rate for a replacement LCD/digitizer is $179: http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-screen-assembly-replacement-white.html
Although the digitizer may be working fine it's almost impossible to replace the display by itself, although I thought I saw one place advertising that.
If you replace the whole assembly you're guaranteed a functional device; if you try to piecemeal it - well, YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There are a few people who have replaced the display only, without replacing the digitizer. As far as I can remember, most reported problem with the sensitivity of the touchscreen after doing this. Search here, or on youtube, and you can probably find them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp