HELP! Can't decide! N7 or S7E!

christianttt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people were waiting the Note 7, after the battery mess I guess the easy choice was to get the SGS7E; as I did. Pretty happy with the phone.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey just a heads up to anybody who might be going back to the Note 7, if you got a S7 or S7 Edge in the last couple of weeks be sure to claim your VR or SD card before returning it! So you can get you a nice little gift from Samsung for this whole debacle! I'm keeping my s7 edge and had purchased a last Gen Samsung vr for $37.00 on a BB online deal! Then I kept seeing ads for a new gear VR or SD card with purchase of s7/ edge. I already had got the SD card when I got my Note 7 in August, so I went to the Samsung promotion website and just figured I'd try it, entered in my imei for my s7 edge and uploaded the receipt and ordered the new gifted vr! It worked even though I brought the s7 edge prior to the promotion. I guess the date was close enough.

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey just a heads up to anybody who might be going back to the Note 7, if you got a S7 or S7 Edge in the last couple of weeks be sure to claim your VR or SD card before returning it! So you can get you a nice little gift from Samsung for this whole debacle! I'm keeping my s7 edge and had purchased a last Gen Samsung vr for $37.00 on a BB online deal! Then I kept seeing ads for a new gear VR or SD card with purchase of s7/ edge. I already had got the SD card when I got my Note 7 in August, so I went to the Samsung promotion website and just figured I'd try it, entered in my imei for my s7 edge and uploaded the receipt and ordered the new gifted vr! It worked even though I brought the s7 edge prior to the promotion. I guess the date was close enough.

Do you have a link?? I've been looking everywhere for how to do that!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I got the SD card. I wouldn't have much use for the VR, and I use the Defender case which is a pain to take off and all.

Would you say the S7 Edge is a beast compared to the itoy 7 Plus? With the Edge you have 32gb plus with the memory card is 264gb and it still comes out close to the same price as the 32gb Iphone 7 Plus.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the SD card. I wouldn't have much use for the VR, and I use the Defender case which is a pain to take off and all.

Would you say the S7 Edge is a beast compared to the itoy 7 Plus? With the Edge you have 32gb plus with the memory card is 264gb and it still comes out close to the same price as the 32gb Iphone 7 Plus.

I haven't used an iPhone 7 really, I played with one in the store for a very brief amount of time, I mean it's an iPhone. I've watched a lot of reviews and it seems like it's a little quicker than the Galaxy S7 edge because you know how it does run just a little smoother and quicker as expected because of the OS differences, but we're talking milliseconds differences. I saw a video where the iPhone 7 really destroyed the Galaxy S7 Edge when downloading a game or transferring data or something I can't remember exactly, I have to try to find it later.

Other then that, I will say from a surface level viewpoint IMO, the Galaxy S7 edge has a better screen, aesthetically better looking hardware, more feature rich (wireless charging, vr capable, edge screen, aod, night clock, power saving tools, etc...) more open and enjoyable OS, better rear camera, and higher download speeds (except for when transferring data like on that video I was talking about).

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used an iPhone 7 really, I played with one in the store for a very brief amount of time, I mean it's an iPhone. I've watched a lot of reviews and it seems like it's a little quicker than the Galaxy S7 edge because you know how it does run just a little smoother and quicker as expected because of the OS differences, but we're talking milliseconds differences. I saw a video where the iPhone 7 really destroyed the Galaxy S7 Edge when downloading a game or transferring data or something I can't remember exactly, I have to try to find it later.

Other then that, I will say from a surface level viewpoint IMO, the Galaxy S7 edge has a better screen, aesthetically better looking hardware, more feature rich (wireless charging, vr capable, edge screen, aod, night clock, power saving tools, etc...) more open and enjoyable OS, better rear camera, and higher download speeds (except for when transferring data like on that video I was talking about).

Are you talking about the youtube speed test between the Iphone 7 and Note 7 maybe? There is a speed test comparison and the iPhone 7 trashed the Note 7 big time in speed.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

Personally, and I say this as a previous iPhone/Android swinger for the past 5 years, I find Samsung's phones to be superior to iPhones these days. They didn't used to be, but as of the S6 going forward, I believe Samsung has become the true innovators. They are now about 2-3 years ahead of Apple.

I DO think that iPhones run overall smoother than Android devices, but thats not enough for me nowadays.

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If I originally had the N7 an then vzw gave me a loaner S7E an then I turned that in for the new N7 would I be able to go back to an S7E anyone know lol

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think basing it just on the S-Pen is fair. The Note 7 has quite a lot more going for it than just the pen. The Grace UX is a major difference and imo is a much, much smoother OS than Touchwiz. The Iris Scanner is a game changer and works very well. The Note 7 is a lot easier to hold naked than the S7 Edge.

The S7 Edge is a GREAT phone, no doubt about it, but I'd have to give the edge (no pun intended) to the Note 7.
Grace ux is still touch wiz it's just the newer version of it.