Help, Cyanogenmod 9 stuck on boot screen....

DSDCreations

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Help me fast please!!!

So i rooted my SGS3 with clockwork, but i installed Cyanogen 9 instead of 10 (I'm running Android 4.1.1) and now when i try to boot it it just indefinitely plays the boot animation. And when I try to debug it or download it again from odin, nothing happens.

Please help me quickly and thanks in advance.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a Android backup? I hope you did!! Now try this. Go to advanced delete the dalvic cache.
Reboot see what happens
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

DSDCreations

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't turn the phone on, can't acces the recovery menu, just odin mode :( and i installed 9 instead of 10 i think that messed things up.... Any other suggestions?

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried installing the stock rom through Odin? As if you where doing an unroot that may get you back to a working base.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't turn the phone on, can't acces the recovery menu, just odin mode :( and i installed 9 instead of 10 i think that messed things up.... Any other suggestions?

Do you defo have CW installed? And tell us you DID do a backup :thumbup:

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea you need to do a Android backup!!! That's the fail safe from the flashing process. Also with the gs3 having the same specs, and multiple carrier with 2 verients. One us lte with the s4, and the international using the exinose quad core. You need to match the roms by the model #. Not all s3 rooms are compatible you can and will easily brick your device. Thrue flashing the wrong rom type!!!!. Fallow instructions to the letter, if you don't you can brick it!! Now the good news is if you can get to download mode your not hard bricked :) So go to www.xda-developers.com find the factory image ruu. Flash it you will loose root and everything else. But you will have your phone! Reroot and run the process all over again. And idk about twrp. I use clock work mod which is in the play store under from manager. Once you get this settled. Pm me and I will see if I can help you

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
OK did some digging your on the sprint net work?? If so I can see if I can get someone a lot better acquainted with this than i

icebricker

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem when flashing CM9.
The solution I stumbled into is to flash CF-Insecure-SGS3_XX_NEE_ALE8-v1.2.tar; then enter recovery mode, do 1) clear user data/factory reset 2) clear cache 3) Advanced--> clear the dalvic cache. After this recycle into download mode, and flash CM9 again.

I'm super noob myself, hope this helps.

2nipun

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi .. hope you can help me with installing Cyanamodgen on my Motorola Xoom Wingray. I know this is not for Xoom, but my problem is same. I get stuck at CM logo indefinitely .

I followed the following procedure :

Started from Stock 3.0 > Fastboot to Unlock > Rooted > Installed ROM Manager from Store > Downloaded the CM10 ROM and installed from it directly > Installs good > Reboots and gets past Motorola Sign > Stuck at CM Logo with the animation going on and on. > After a Bit restarts and gets stuck at same place, so a loop of this goes on.

I can access recovery, so went back to stock and followed same procedure to Install CM9.0 instead, but same problem.

Can you please help.

I used the following links to learn about it :

For Root :
Xoom WiFi (MZ604) Root!! - xda-developers
For CM
Motorola Xoom (Wi-Fi): Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Mike Volt

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Dude, you are not alone. I am also having the same problem but worse! I can't turn it into recovery mode because it started up again........ And its stuck on the boot screen.