Help !! Galaxy S3 Freezing every few minutes. unresponsive.

tricia.dawn.williams

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have all these problems too.
It's driving me crazy.

This started with the 4.1.2

Has anyone found a solution or do we have to wait for 4.1.3? :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i am also having the same problem with my s3. My phone updated just over a week ago to 4 1.2, and ever since then, it has been slow, laggy and keeps freezing. When its idle it freezes and the screen goes black and wont respond i have to reboot it using the power and volume keys. Ive had my phone for 5 months, and its been totally fine until this update! How can i get it back to the previous version of Android? Thanks

tricia.dawn.williams

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Apparently you cannot go back. This morning I've been to Vodafone repair centre and they told me to connect the phone to Kies and check whether there's some kind of minor software update there. I'm going to try but I doubt it.

Jamie Gotheridge

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had this same problem since new update (4.1.2)
I have at least 50+ freezes a day. Got a new update this morning so happy thinking it was a fix :D but no :(
Can't believe there's no simple solution yet

tricia.dawn.williams

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Tell you what I cannot find a pattern to this error. These last two days it stopped doing it and I swear I haven't done anything different on my phone.

Sl0th

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
i have noticed mine is freezing again still no as much as previous times , still having to reboot phone each time it does.

As waiting for it to fix takes too long or never does unfreeze

Jamie Gotheridge

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So you did nothing?!
I did a factory reset earlier today and its froze 4 times in around 6 hours, apposed to 30 times!
I really don't fancy waiting 2 weeks for it to be warranty, when theres a fix

Sam Sam1

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
me too

since update to 4.1.1 started screen freeze ....
and exhausted.... feel very disappointed to samsung

I want to ask is jelly bean own problem ?? or samsung fireware problem ??
Is Samsung know that ?????

feel disappointed to samsung

coz i am using samsung smarttv , also have problem with the share all function . also no solution from official.

johnnytwebb

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
As oddly as it began ? the freezing issue has now disappeared for more than 24 hours now (knock on wood).

I did absolutely nothing to the phone.

The other night it froze ? but I didn?t turn it off ? just let it be and plugged it in to charge. And voila ? the next day it was performing as if nothing happened.

To those thinking of sending it back ? I?d recommend waiting a bit and seeing if it sorts itself out.

tricia.dawn.williams

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I agree with you. Mine has been ok for the past four days. I'm still not happy about the situation but at least it's not giving me problems.

I don't want to send my phone anywhere because whever I did it, it always came back worse.

Sl0th

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
mine seems to come and go.
the video you posted kind of seems what happens like it freezes and stuff is still running in the background it seems.

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine is still freezing, it doesn't seem to be as frequent, once a day for the last two days as opposed to 3 times a day before that, but there is no pattern to it. Im going to see how it goes the next few days, and if it doesnt stop, im going to give it to Samsung for them to fix it, as that seems to be what they are advising people to do.

SSGalili

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
so basically there is no fix for this problem as of yet?

it randomly fixed it self for a few users...

can i assume that in couple of days it will sort it self for me? or shall i try to do something??

untill now i realized that with wifi off it happens less often.
also if i wait the freezing time about 20-30 minutes it turns its self back on.

this began for me 2 days ago.

fredsie

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I know this may sound far-fetched, but are any of you using a gel-type protective cover on your phone? My phone was playing up in the way described by many of you, and scrapping the rubbery cover I had bought for it back in April fixed the problem immediately.

Don't ask me how this works. I can only guess that the cover had shrunk and started applying pressure to the phone, the screen or the buttons. Who knows?

UPDATE: Disregard the above. After 2 days, the phone is freezing again. So the problem is not the cover. Although if it's down to a broken connection or similar, fitting a tight cover may set it off I suppose.

Last edited: