Help help help

Jack Jerram

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Couldn't find a Padfone 2 sub-section so I thought I'd cast out my plea for help here instead.

My phone is stuck in safe mode. It turns on, presents me with the ASUS start up screen, then tell me that "Encryption Unsuccessful". I'm told to conduct a factory reset in order to access my data, etc etc.
When i hold down the power button + the volume down button, I enter Recovery Mode. From here I can Wipe the data, Wipe the cache, or instal updates via external storage. Unfortunately I can't do much with the final option, as there is no external memory card, only in-built memory.
Attempting to wipe either the data or the cache does nothing.

What the heck do i do? It's all on stock software, no root / unocking etc etc.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Couldn't find a Padfone 2 sub-section so I thought I'd cast out my plea for help here instead.

My phone is stuck in safe mode. It turns on, presents me with the ASUS start up screen, then tell me that "Encryption Unsuccessful". I'm told to conduct a factory reset in order to access my data, etc etc.
When i hold down the power button + the volume down button, I enter Recovery Mode. From here I can Wipe the data, Wipe the cache, or instal updates via external storage. Unfortunately I can't do much with the final option, as there is no external memory card, only in-built memory.
Attempting to wipe either the data or the cache does nothing.

What the heck do i do? It's all on stock software, no root / unocking etc etc.

Welcome to the forums!
As I am unfamiliar with Asus, I am not quite sure what to suggest. Have you tried calling customer service about this? Their tech support would most likely be interested in hearing about this.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
IIRC Press Volume down and then power, hold till first screen comes up. Then press power once this will bring up download screen. Volume up/down to select factory data reset. Press power to select

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svtracy