Help! I keep getting pop-up ads on screen, not in notification bar though..

Celine115

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried downloading a few ad detecting apps, but even after uninstalling their suggestions, these ads keep popping up. Its really annoying, please help!

Here's a screenshot of one of the ads, I cropped it, but I was on the messaging app. If any other information is required, let me know!

2014-02-18-18-32-14-1.png

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!!

What apps do you have installed? Things like that came be a part of a lot of different apps.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
About a month ago, something similar occurred. I uninstalled several apps and could not find the culprit. In the end, I had to do a factory data reset. Start from scratch. Problem gone. Never knew what app caused it.

Celine115

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for all your replies, this was really helpful!
I had tried airpush detector, but the second one, Ad Network Detector, (along with some searching) helped me find what seemed to be the culprit! Its an ad network called Mobclix if anyone was wondering, and came with an app called Jetpack Joyride. I'm not 100% sure if this was it, since the ads came randomly, but so far so good! Thanks again for all your help!

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so much for all your replies, this was really helpful!
I had tried airpush detector, but the second one, Ad Network Detector, (along with some searching) helped me find what seemed to be the culprit! Its an ad network called Mobclix if anyone was wondering, and came with an app called Jetpack Joyride.

Ug. I hope it's JJ app. It's my fave game!

Celine115

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My next guess is an app called Insta Photo Collage, which I was certain I uninstalled, search my phone for and came up blank, but when I checked in the Google Play App, it showed as installed. It was an app I downloaded around the time when this started happening (then again, I installed many) So I uninstalled it, hopefully this one is actually the app causing it!

maholland_003

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I just bought this phone and started having the same issue. I enabled the split screen then it started happening. I then started deleting all the unnecessary apps that came with the phone, the turned off the split screen, then deleted to google bar that showed up on the main screen and the weather app that showed up. Problem seems to be fixed currently

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz