Help!!! LG G3 Charging Issue

Moeed Shahid

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I m considering to switching to Wireless charging because i think i might have encountered some sort of charging port issue. (I dont have the original LG charger or cable)

PROBLEM :

1. Whenever i plug in the charger in my LG G3, its say charging on the lockscreen but whenever i go
Settings>Battery its says "Not charging".

I have tried different chargers, but everytime the result is same. Whenever i take the battery out and then plug in the charger (while the mobile is off) it charges, and after that if i switch it on, it keeps charging.

2. Same is the case with USB cable, whenever i connect the phone to PC when its running, NOTHING shows up. But it works when i plug the USB cable while the mobile is OFF and then when i switch it on, i get connected to the PC.

(for the time being , i have been using AirDroid for small file transfers and for big file transfers i do the same thing mentioned in point number 2). But its getting on my nerves because everytime i have to switch off the phone to charge and i cant connect to PC without shutting it down.

Help, Anyone ??

This leads me to the second question, i m now considering to switch to Wireless Charging. My LG-D855 comes with four points on its back and back cover. Now what are my options for Wireless charging, i mean whats the best product in the market for it ?

Many Thanks,
AMSA

bcandiolo

May 31, 2015
Visit site
The original charger is 1.8mAh, are you sure you're using one similar to the original? Also try this app, it should show the amperage your G3 is getting while using your alternate chargers.

Look for 'Ampere' in the app store, can't paste an url directly

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk 2

Moeed Shahid

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that, but my problem is that

"The phone wont charge when its already running and i plug in a charger". And the phone would charge from the same charger when i switch it off and then plug in.

Moeed Shahid

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that, but my problem is that

"The phone wont charge when its already running and i plug in a charger". And the phone would charge from the same charger when i switch it off and then plug in.

bcandiolo

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I would try a different charger, maybe the one you're using can't keep up with the phone turned on.

Make sure you use a quality charger, many cheap chargers won't work properly, bought a generic "2.1 amp" for my car and the app I mentioned shows it's only delivering 1 A, so if idle, it slowly charges the phone, but if I'm using a GPS app, it won't.

Moeed Shahid

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Every charger i tried gives the same result, but all of them were not Originals because i cant find one ! The charger i m using right now is Nokia's and its a very good charger, charges my battery from 10% to 100% in 1 hr 10 mins so i think its a good one.

here is a screenshot from that app you suggested, what do you say of it ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-03-02-00-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-03-02-00-11.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 12

bcandiolo

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Looks like your Nokia charger is even stronger than the original. Mine only shows 20 mA

Hope you'll fin the issue soon.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438550692324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438550692324.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 13

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Those two screenshots are rather sad (no disrespect intended). If I get anything under than 1500+ showing in Amphere, I throw out either the charger and/or cable.

In Amphere, the LG G3 must be set to "Old Measurement Method" (under Settings [gear icon], then Basic Settings) to get a meaningful measure.