Help me choose

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So I've narrowed my tablet choices down to the Iconia, Transformer, and Xoom. I think they're all probably excellent devices and I'll probably be fine with any of them.

My question is, which one actually performs better/with the least lag? I figure I'll be watching a lot of videos off the SD card (entertaining me and my 2-yr old daughter) and I want something that can handle that without choppy video.

Are y'all still really happy with the Iconia and would you buy it again if you were going through the process again?

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the Iconia is the best option. Not because I own one, but because it does more out of the box. The full size usb is the best. this thing can almost replace a laptop. Sure it's a bit heavier and thicker, but you not going to put it in your pocket. All the internals to the tabs you at considering are the same. Plus the Iconia is less expensive.

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I've narrowed my tablet choices down to the Iconia, Transformer, and Xoom. I think they're all probably excellent devices and I'll probably be fine with any of them.

My question is, which one actually performs better/with the least lag? I figure I'll be watching a lot of videos off the SD card (entertaining me and my 2-yr old daughter) and I want something that can handle that without choppy video.

Are y'all still really happy with the Iconia and would you buy it again if you were going through the process again?

Yes I would buy it again, especially now since the price has dropped.
As far as performance; the tablets you listed all have similar hardware. It comes down to which one has more video options for you. I would go with the Iconia, if anything for the full size usb port. I watch movies both from my SD card and my USB thumb drive.

Asaroth2010

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would buy it again, especially now since the price has dropped.
As far as performance; the tablets you listed all have similar hardware. It comes down to which one has more video options for you. I would go with the Iconia, if anything for the full size usb port. I watch movies both from my SD card and my USB thumb drive.

Me too, I probably would buy the 32GB version just for more space. I've got a 32GB sdcard and watch movies from storage (internal,external,thumb,portable hd) there's no choppy video on anything I play

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I managed to find a Best Buy that had all three tablets up and running. I pulled the microSD out of my Thunderbolt and started watching Kung Fu Panda. I didn't try out the Xoom. I don't know why, but I'm less interested in the Xoom now.

Both the Transformer and the Iconia played the video without any hint of a stutter or chop. I'm leaning towards the Iconia now because I really like the form factor (aside from the cover to the microSD reader). Sadly, when I got home and tried to order one from Costco.com ($449 incl tax/shipping + $100 Costco card), they were sold out. Argh! Hopefully they'll get them back in stock soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582