Help me get a tablet for my GF birthday

ceveret3

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey android army! This is my first post so forgive me for being a noob. I know a lot about tablets but since I don't work at Best Buy anymore and I Love my Touchpad with Webos I haven't really played with too many android tablets. So my Girlfriends birthday is coming up July 21 (It think) and she really wants a tablet. I would get her a touchpad but...well...you know :D So I was looking at android tablets and there are so many to choose from it hard to choose. So I figured if I gave some requirement the internet could help

1. Brand: Don't really care

2. Under $250

3. Front and Rear cameras (yea she is one of those people)

4. I don't think size matters 7 or 10 inch will be fine. I doubt she would like a 5 inch note or dell streak type of device.

5. At-least Gingerbread. She is a normal person so I software updates are not really important, but I want performance to be good. I don't want to learn all about rooting to make it work right if I don't have to :)

6. New or used. I don't care. I love refurbished electronics

7. 3g is a plus but not a deal breaker

I really wanted to get a Fire or the New Nexus tablet, but like a said she is one of those camera people. No matter how crappy the photos are. Some of my top choices are the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Lenovo Ideapad A1and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.

Thanks for all the help :D

nirajanshresth

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
hey,its difficult to get a tab under 250$ n have both front and back cameras...U should increase ur budget to 400$ or more...bt right now i suggest u wid ur choice galaxy tab 2......else u should gift her an android phone instead of tablet...... (( Herotab MID816R2 Capacitive multitouch Android 2.3 Flash 10.1 1.2GHz HDMI ))
could be also the one we are searching for.....

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
New
The Galaxy Tab 2 7in

Used
You can get used tetra 2 devices for cheap
Motorola Zoom or HTC Flyer both run $200-300 it you look hard enough
Acer Iconia 100 I think is good and cheap

ABSOLUTELY NO CHINESE TABLETS. NONE.

Forum statistics

Threads