Help Me Get Rid of Annoying Floating Google Messages Icon

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Someone please help me find the setting to turn off the annoying floating ID icon I get whenever someone sends me a text message. This icon is very similar to the ID icon that is displayed during a phone call. This icon persists on all screens--home screen, secondary launcher screens, browser, emails, etc.

I can move this icon around each screen but it always snaps itself to the right or left edge of the screen.

If I get more than one person sending me a text, I get more than one floating icon on my screen(s). I can remove the floating icons by tapping, holding them and moving them towards the center of the dock area at the bottom of my screen, whereupon a discard icon appears and I "sweep" the ID icon into the discard icon and it disappears.

My text messaging app in Google Messages and my launcher is Nova Prime. I also happen to use the Google Messages desktop PC app that allows me to send/receive texts on my PC, but I doubt that is causing this problem as it happens even with my PC turned off.

Floating-Messages-Icon.jpg

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I find those annoying also. In some settings they are also referred to as chat heads I think. FB Messenger started them back up on my phone the other day on its own after an app update. Took me a bit to find the setting to disable them.