Help! New Mate 9 and can't swipe down

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Brand new Huawei Mate 9 and I can't swipe down from the status bar and get my notifications or quick settings.

I've looked everywhere for where to turn this on but I'm stuck. Am I missing something or do I need to do a hard reset?

Thanks!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Did you set up as new? Old phone likely was not running 7.0. Always good idea.

But do you have icons at top for carrier, battery etc?

Tap on desktop and the settings there.

Settings app - make changes

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have icons and the bar displays properly. I also turned on the notification window from the fingerprint sensor and I can get the window down that way.

I'm thinking it's a hardware touch sensitivity issue unfortunately....

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
There is an option for a 4th icon along with triangle circle and square, looks like "=" with down arrow that will open and bring down status and show all notifications.

During setup there are so many apps installed and activity....

Did it ever work as should?

If you enable desktop home to rotate status would beon long edge.
Always wanted and yet only tablets would.

Reset or safe mode.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It's a bad digitizer. I called tech support and they walked me through a few tests. The top of the screen looks fine but doesn't recognize touch. If I turn the phone sideways I can drag the shade down. Amazon is sending me a new phone so I'll have it tomorrow. A little bit of a bummer.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It's a bad digitizer. I called tech support and they walked me through a few tests. The top of the screen looks fine but doesn't recognize touch. If I turn the phone sideways I can drag the shade down. Amazon is sending me a new phone so I'll have it tomorrow. A little bit of a bummer.

must be a bummer but at least that is fast service from Amazon!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I had a similar issue with mine before returning it to Amazon. There were several times when I would touch an icon and nothing would happen. The screen did not seem to respond well at all.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
The icons on the far right, even on other phones, seem to be "off" for me and where I touch. So I touch on left of center on icon.

I felt there might be a delay or lag at times that were not defects in hardware.

Devices, even computers, do "improve" once the OS has had time to evolve and mature and iron out issues, even changes to sensitivity.

The fingerprint reader is do awesome fast accurate reliable can't see using different phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause