Help! Note 10+ suddenly DIED! Won't charge take charge/can't reset

tamihealey5163

Oct 3, 2018
Visit site
:( I'm 2nd owner of perfectly maintained Note 10+ which I purchased 5 months ago. It is unlocked but not rooted. I live in silicon valley area and purchased it from reputable IT tech and it came immaculate with all receipts and many amenities. It was working one day and the next...pffft...nothing! I do turn my phones off nightly while they charge 75% of the time. But this phone is my baby and never dropped nor immersed in water but now wont even turn on. I cant see it even charging and there are no external lights blinking to show power of any sort. I've tried original samsung charger and cable that came with phone...tried diff cables...tried diff outlets...tried the volume down and power button for 20 seconds... plugged into computer....nada. I dont know if there was an update my phone doesnt agree with or what. As I cant see anything on a dead phone to reset to factory, is there anything I can do to save my new phone? I'll try anything before I have to resort to a gallon of gas and a match :-

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen to one of my phone's, it might have been the note 10+, can't remember. Try holding the lower button down for a bit. I mean a bit also, it seems like you hold it forever. I think it was just the power button you have to hold, if that don't work try holding the volume down and power button together for awhile. Mine woke back up after doing that. Good luck

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
:( I'm 2nd owner of perfectly maintained Note 10+ which I purchased 5 months ago. It is unlocked but not rooted. I live in silicon valley area and purchased it from reputable IT tech and it came immaculate with all receipts and many amenities. It was working one day and the next...pffft...nothing! I do turn my phones off nightly while they charge 75% of the time. But this phone is my baby and never dropped nor immersed in water but now wont even turn on. I cant see it even charging and there are no external lights blinking to show power of any sort. I've tried original samsung charger and cable that came with phone...tried diff cables...tried diff outlets...tried the volume down and power button for 20 seconds... plugged into computer....nada. I dont know if there was an update my phone doesnt agree with or what. As I cant see anything on a dead phone to reset to factory, is there anything I can do to save my new phone? I'll try anything before I have to resort to a gallon of gas and a match :-
Hi, welcome to AC!

Try both volume buttons same time as well as power button for 20 seconds if doesnt work try same method but this time connected to computer or even headphones

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You said you tried different cables, but what about different charging plugs?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe