help please phone stuck

moose1313

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
evo 4g ship s-off hboot 2.10.0001 radio v_2 2.15.00.11.19 tried rooting and failed specifically the radio fail PU and now phone wont boot on stuck ojn evo 4g loading screen and or recovery with !. computer wont recognize phone via usb and htc sync is the same. Not very knowledgable about this so any help to get phone back in operation would be great thank you

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You have S-OFF so that is the important thing. All you need to do is flash a custom recovery like Clockworkmod or Amon_RA through your bootloader. Once you done that you can flash a custom rom and should be back up and running.

Edit: Here is the link for Amon_RA. To flash through your bootloader (screen with androids on skateboards) you want the PC36IMG.zip [Recovery] [09-Feb-2011] RA-supersonic-v2.3 - xda-developers

Last edited:

moose1313

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
ok ty for quick link again im a super noob so in advance sorry but how can i flash when computer does not communicate with pho ne via usb tried Ruu but also did not recognize, i will try amon when i get on lunch but how will it work i download amon then what if it doesn t recognize

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a SD card adapter and reader on pc ? Or do you have another phone that uses a SD card ? If you do have the SD card adapter and reader just take your SD card out of your phone place in the SD card adapter then plug the adapter in the SD card reader slot on pc . If you got another phone just take your SD card out of your phone and place into the other phone then hook that phone up to a ish cable and plug it into the pc then dowload the amon. The put the anon on your SD card then put back in phone and press your volume key rocker down and power at the same time till your in hboot the it will scan and ask to update say yes the it will ask to reboot say no the boot into recovery vola all done . Also make sure u put the P36image on the root of your SD card . I hope this helps

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

moose1313

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
that is great info i do have another phone thnaks all will let you know if it solves my prob, one more question this prob started when i put p36img on my phone to try and root it,, the radio vz failed and this prob started . would it be better if i just take p36img off completely?

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Take the old one you had off or just rename and put amon PC36IMG.zip on the root of your SD card and update like I said once your done remove off your SD card or rename it so you don't get asked to update again when you go into Hboot

So are you actually rooted ? If not I can explain how and I can help you get the right radios .

moose1313

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Take the old one you had off or just rename and put amon PC36IMG.zip on the root of your SD card and update like I said once your done remove off your SD card or rename it so you don't get asked to update again when you go into Hboot

So are you actually rooted ? If not I can explain how and I can help you get the right radios .

i dont know if im rooted i would semi guess yes becasue ship s-off but have no way of for sure knowing because havnt been able to get my phone to turn on. when i do get this fixed (hopefully in an hr or so) i do plan on rooting it again if it is not already

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If it says S-Off on your hboot then your rooted . So the all you need is that amon to get into recovery once you have that on you can download a ROM and flash , I suggest using Evolved Recharged it is very stable excellent battery life . Now once that's done I. Can give you a link to the latestest radio update and tell you how to flash it .

Let me know when your Amon recovery installed and the Ron you choose is download and i willow walk you threw the steps to flash it .

Ok

moose1313

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
ok got new card in another phone the link provided to download amon ra isnt working i go to download it and it says there is no program associated to run what do i do?

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

moose1313

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
ok that went smoothly must of downloaded wrong one the first time updated it and rebooted phone but still not coming on stuck on htc evo boot screen is there another step?

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
ok that went smoothly must of downloaded wrong one the first time updated it and rebooted phone but still not coming on stuck on htc evo boot screen is there another step?

Pull your battery put back in hold power down + the voulme button down (means hold the bottom of the volume button down ) now you will see hboot POP up asking if you want to update sense u did that say no the it will ask to reboot say No the it will take you back to htboot menu click on recovery . And let me know if that worked it will show HTC EVO 4g white screen a minute or too

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy