HELP: Samsung S7 Not Starting after WIpe and Reset!

g_patkar

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi All, the trusty S7 was a bit slow with tonnes of apps and download data - so I wiped the phone data via the Android system recovery menu (Home, Up and Power - followed by Wipe data/factory reset).

Phone was wiped and then rebooted successfully ("Welcome to Android" - Selected English as my language, followed by joining my Wifi network). After joining the Wifi the screen froze. I then tried a soft reset with the Volume Down+Power key - however the phone just went off and did not restart.

At the time the phone was a bit warm (Guessing due to the charge + wipining activity). Battery power was 100% when the phone started after the wipe and was in setup mode. I have left the phone to charge all night, but cannot power it on by either Power only, Volume down+power or Volume Up+Home+Power.

I really need to get the phone back up and running (If i can turn it on). ANY ADVICE or PC troubleshooting steps would be much appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds. Then wait a few seconds, and then press Power for about 20 seconds -- does anything happen then?

g_patkar

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Nothing. The screen just stays off so I have no idea. ALso the phone was working fine before the wipe. It also started after the wipe in the setup mode when it froze on joining Wifi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be that the slowdown prior to the reset was a warning sign of impending hardware failure. You might have to bring it to a repair shop, if you still want to salvage the phone -- but the cost might not be worth the value of the phone.

Sometimes it helps to press and hold Power even longer, for like 60 seconds -- give that a try.

I'll see if @mustang7757 has any other thoughts, since he's one of our resident Samsung wizards.

g_patkar

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Thanks @B. Diddy. No luck @ 60 seconds!

Thanks @mustang7757 ... Under no circumstances does it allow me to power on. I am sure the wipe was successful as the phone restarted and was going through the setup (Language, Wifi setup, where it stopped ; im guessing followed by the Google account input).

Are there anyways to boot the phone from the PC. My phone is not rooted! Please help. Thanks again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks @B. Diddy. No luck @ 60 seconds!

Thanks @mustang7757 ... Under no circumstances does it allow me to power on. I am sure the wipe was successful as the phone restarted and was going through the setup (Language, Wifi setup, where it stopped ; im guessing followed by the Google account input).

Are there anyways to boot the phone from the PC. My phone is not rooted! Please help. Thanks again.
Oh , doesn't start , let it charge connected to computer for few hours see what happens. If still nothing most likely battery went .