HELP Super Bricked! (I think)

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I wasn't even flashing a ROM I was in the middle of doing something on the phone, then the phone reboots and keeps boot looping at the LG Logo. It flashes on then off then on. Like it keeps trying to boot the kernel but can't. I can't even access recovery - already tried. Whenever I plug it in it just turns on and does this so I don't think emergency boot is going to work. I had IHO Purity X installed with Xeonia-Redux kernel. I do have the newer Optimus S screen.

Can anyone please help?!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
you tried holding power+vol down+home through more than one loop? if you keep holding those keys and don't let go but it keeps looping anyway, you've definitely got a problem.
you can also try pulling the battery for 5-10 minutes to let the phone's systems cool down and try again after that.

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried that. It's a no go. It've been on a bus for 30 minutes with it being off since my last retry. Is there anything I can do?

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I need to learn to read :D

Anyways it sounds like you forgot to wipe something or something didn't get wiped correctly. It shouldn't affect you booting into recovery though. When you get home plug your phone into a charger. let it charge for a while then pull the battery to make sure it's all the way off then put the battery back in and press simultaneously home + volume down + power. It should boot you into recovery

10 char

Last edited:

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Same thing it does when power is turned on normally. Booloops at LG Logo. (Shows LG logo. Flashes like it's powering off then LG logo again, flashes like it's rebooting, on and on...)

I don't get it. How can recovery just get messed up when I am in a user app?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I doubt your rom, kernel, or recovery got borked, because of the way it crashed.
you actually pulled the battery and kept it out, or just powered off by battery pull and put it back?
it needs the battery completely out for a little while to reset the RAM, and who knows what else settles down during that time.
when my old v has acted up, it needed a serious power down for a while before the boot issues settled.

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I doubt your rom, kernel, or recovery got borked, because of the way it crashed.
you actually pulled the battery and kept it out, or just powered off by battery pull and put it back?
it needs the battery completely out for a little while to reset the RAM, and who knows what else settles down during that time.
when my old v has acted up, it needed a serious power down for a while before the boot issues settled.

Well, I am removing the battery completely until I get home. Then I will try all this. The problem is, when I plug it in to a computer or charger, it tries to boot unstead of showing the battery charging screen. Should I just let it bootloop?

I wiped everything the last time I flashed something I'm using Xeonia recovery, I've heard it doesn't always wipe everything. How do I make sure everything is wiped?

spark1223

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure it's bricked guys battery has been out long enough and it's cold. I'm about ready to scrap this thing if I can't unbrick It.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
sorry, I'm out of ideas.
you could try forcing it into emergency mode just to see if its totally toast...
it's tricky to do.
best way I've found is to pull the battery, hold back+vol down+power, plug in cable, and pop in the battery while still holding all the buttons.
the regular way is to hold back+vol down and simultaneously put in the power cable while pressing the power button (still holding the other two.)
then you can pull the battery and power cable to reset it to whatever passes for normal if it does go into emergency mode.
I really have no other ideas. good luck.

Reactions: spark1223
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
if it was an optimus s you'd be set.
they have firmware to flash.
we don't.
I bricked my ov really thoroughly, now I have a sprint radio in it with no mms or data because it was the only firmware I could get, and I preferred semifunctional to a brick.
mostly emergency mode was to see if the phone was royally trashed or just really messed up.
maybe it'll boot after you take it out of emergency mode.
I doubt it though.
after you get tired of trying things,and you're sure you're stuck with an expensive paperweight, then a sprint firmware may look as appealing as it did to me.
I still haven't managed to fix the data on that phone, I broke down and got another while keeping the old one for experimentation.

edit: if you have an older 2.2.1 optimus there may be a small chance of getting it into the bootloader, where you could use fastboot to fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc