Help, what's this app?

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
So a couple of weeks ago, this new thing showed up on my phone, it popups up when I swipe from the bottom edge of the phone and I can't tell what app or update it came from. Is it an app? Did I change a setting? It doesn't even have a name or anything else that identifies what it is or where it came from. I don't like and I don't want to use it, but I haven't been able to find out how to turn it off or uninstall it. Does anyone know?
Screenshot_20161115-151418.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have Clean Master, or a similar app, installed in your phone? That sounds very similar to the 'iswipe' feature on some CM apps. If so, disable that option or, even better, uninstall the app.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Looks kind of useful. Like the iphone UI. I would keep it. Something to have to adjust your settings without having to do to much but I guess you can always use the notification bar too.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So a couple of weeks ago, this new thing showed up on my phone, it popups up when I swipe from the bottom edge of the phone and I can't tell what app or update it came from. Is it an app? Did I change a setting? It doesn't even have a name or anything else that identifies what it is or where it came from. I don't like and I don't want to use it, but I haven't been able to find out how to turn it off or uninstall it. Does anyone know?
View attachment 246494

The rocket icon in the middle looks pretty similar to the Speed Clean app.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys, I don't have Clean Master or Speed Clean. I do have 360 Security, and it likes trying to add other apps, but I uninstalled it and this is still there.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Looks kind of useful. Like the iphone UI. I would keep it. Something to have to adjust your settings without having to do to much but I guess you can always use the notification bar too.

It is kinda useful, but it mostly duplicates functionality that's already easily available from the phone's top edge pull-down menu. So there's no point in having this twice.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
So, it turned out to be from the 'Weather Radar & Forecast' app from 'Photo Editor Creative' and I was able to turn it off by toggling the 'Activate Tools Bar' setting. This was way down on the list of apps I checked since I just didn't expect a weather app to put some non-weather-related, unlabeled toolbar on my phone. :mad:

That aside, it's a decent app with a nice looking widget.