Help with decision

jshaw42

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 which has been a great experience. However, I am now looking at another upgrade. There are many new choices, S9, S9+ and Note9. There also is the fact that the S10 will most likely become available nex spring.

Opinions regarding each choice wiould be greatly appreciated.

ProcTech

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
S9+ International dual sim is the best based on cost and hardware. The note s-pen i probly wouldnt use much. Top model s9+ $900$ Note9 $1500$. You can use old memory I'm running 128gb .. burst photo wont save to sd but they go to internal drive automatically,so no downside. You might be able to run the s9+ with 2 sims and a sd card.

In the end the s9 wins due to cost,harware,geek factor.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I got my S9+ for two reasons:

1) I had decided to get the latest Galaxy S, and the + had a bigger battery; and

2) I had to get a new phone as the old one broke, and it was right in the middle of the Costco sale on the Galaxy S9 series.

I had a Blackberry KEYone before, and it was a laggard with poor performance. I said screw it, as long as I have to, I'm getting the S9+.

No real regrets; as a pocket computer, it's very very nice. VERY nice. I do like some of the Android 8 features compared to Android 7.

But as a phone, it sucks. My voice keeps getting muffled and cut off as I try to talk to other people. No doubt this is due to T-Mobile's decision to have Samsung take away the ability to turn off HD voice and the ability to turn off noise reduction.

Lewis Black sums it up generically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8tIAsBYjc

Anyway: one reason to upgrade, especially in the T-Mobile world, is to keep up with the new frequencies that are coming out. The S9 series has everything today, but the S10 will have more--and that's coming in March.

Can you wait until March?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 which has been a great experience. However, I am now looking at another upgrade. There are many new choices, S9, S9+ and Note9. There also is the fact that the S10 will most likely become available nex spring.

Opinions regarding each choice wiould be greatly appreciated.

If you could wait. Wait for S10. Because newer everything lol. S9+ vs Note 9. Note 9 just got a bigger battery, ram, internal and s pen... And dex cable... But same processor.. Why pay much more for same processor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp