Help with root

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I just rooted my SM-N900V on MJE with vroot and I'm trying to update my su binary with the ChainDD superuser. Everything says okay then it fails when checking to see if it works. How do I switch it so I don't have to use the Chinese version?

Also how do I access recovery mode in order to flash the cyanogenmod 4.4 rom? When I attempt it, it pops up with a Verizon message error. I installed the Clockwork recovery

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just rooted my SM-N900V on MJE with vroot and I'm trying to update my su binary with the ChainDD superuser. Everything says okay then it fails when checking to see if it works. How do I switch it so I don't have to use the Chinese version?

Also how do I access recovery mode in order to flash the cyanogenmod 4.4 rom? When I attempt it, it pops up with a Verizon message error. I installed the Clockwork recovery

Welcome to the forums.
Try SuperSU by Chainfire instead.

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Try SuperSU by Chainfire instead.

Thank you, I hope to provide information and be as helpful as possible to this site soon. As of right now I'm still learning all of this so it's the other way around unfortunately lol.
And thank you very much, that seemed to work out. Now I just need to be able to access the Recovery Menu without that Verizon error message. Is there something else I need to installed to let me access the Recovery? I used ROM manager to flash the recovery

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I hope to provide information and be as helpful as possible to this site soon. As of right now I'm still learning all of this so it's the other way around unfortunately lol.
And thank you very much, that seemed to work out. Now I just need to be able to access the Recovery Menu without that Verizon error message. Is there something else I need to installed to let me access the Recovery? I used ROM manager to flash the recovery

I am not sure about the error in recovery. I would try reflashing CWM.

Qurlee

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure about the error in recovery. I would try reflashing CWM.

Figured it out, if I would of done a little more research I would of figured it out lol. I had to install safestrap because the Verizon model is secured. Now to figure out how to flash a ROM!
Thank you for all your help!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out, if I would of done a little more research I would of figured it out lol. I had to install safestrap because the Verizon model is secured. Now to figure out how to flash a ROM!
Thank you for all your help!

No sweat. See you around the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy