mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Think my TB was bricked this afternoon.... It will not even load to the bootloader..... best i can do with a fully charged battery is when i plug it in the led will turn on if i try to power on the phone....

what happen you might ask....
I was in the process of rooting and dropped the phone and the battery popped out.... it was at the htc screen when this happened....
any suggestions?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Think my TB was bricked this afternoon.... It will not even load to the bootloader..... best i can do with a fully charged battery is when i plug it in the led will turn on if i try to power on the phone....

what happen you might ask....
I was in the process of rooting and dropped the phone and the battery popped out.... it was at the htc screen when this happened....
any suggestions?

It isn't bricked that I could think of. Did you try doing the HARD reset by powering up and holding down the DOWN button on the volume rocker until the screen pops up?.

You might want to call Verizon and tell them you where doing a hard reset and the battery popped out. They would be able to help you. Just remember to play dumb if they ask if you were rooting your phone. They have asked me and I say "What is rooting?"

mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I visited Verizon told them i had just finished a call dropped it and the battery popped out.... they gave me information to call insurance.... and yes i have tried a hard reboot... and that is the only way the led will come on...

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Most likely only part of the ROM installed and then you dropped it which would leave you with a brick. If you can't manualy get into bootloader to flash, there's not much you can do.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Most likely only part of the ROM installed and then you dropped it which would leave you with a brick. If you can't manualy get into bootloader to flash, there's not much you can do.

Flashing with the RUU_Mecha_GINGERBREAD_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.11.605.0_Radio_0.01.78.0802w_3_NV_8K_1.41_9K_1.64_release_210841_signed exe wont work? I have the file but no working inks to download sorry, maybe someone else could share...

UPDATE: Heres link to download from http://www.filefactory.com/file/cd2..._NV_8K_1.41_9K_1.64_release_210841_signed.exe

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea.... it would if he can get into bootloader... he says he can't.

I had a device that couldn't boot into bootloader or go past displaying a white screen only, it only light the screen with the white background when I powered on and I was able to get it to load by starting installation and plug in when prompted, it seemed that it just needed to turn on because it worked for me.. It wouldn't hurt a try...

mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
tried all of the above.... thank you all.... but to no avail.... asurion here i come..... Drop damage is covered :D THanks again all

mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Question.... should i clear the sd card before sending the phone back to insurance? so they can not see that there was an attempted root.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020