hero vs nexus one

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Wait, unless you really want Sense UI. The N1 is much stronger hardware wise. IMO Sense UI is a deal breaker so I am keeping my Sprint Hero. Until HTC does N1+Sense, I am happy with the Hero.

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
only thing that it has over the HERO is the FASTER PROCESSOR other than that its not too much a difference besides HERO will get 2.1 SOON and SENSE UI is the best so far....

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
only thing that it has over the HERO is the FASTER PROCESSOR other than that its not too much a difference besides HERO will get 2.1 SOON and SENSE UI is the best so far....

and bigger screen, a flash, OMLED display, more on board memory.

I just call my Hero "Lill' Nexus".

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
yea those things as well but its still not that much too go gaga over *IMO* at the end of the day its still ANDROID

Well I sure would like it; but after my initial hardon for it wore off I decided it's not work switching carriers to a carrier that doesn't provide adequate service in my area + $400.

agesop

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
i am going through the same debate right now. I am looking to get a hero to replace my pre. But i keep reading about the little maintenance things you have to do keep you hero from slowing down and keep stuff running smooth which would pretty much annoy me. Then there is the one and off again hatred of yahoo mail and yahoo mail over wifi which would drive me nuts because i NEED my yahoo mail account working all the time. (pre's email for me is buttery smooth). and i understand i will have yahoo mail problems over wifi no matter which one i choose. But man...stock android to me is an ugly mfer and i love me some sense ui.

anyone have or used both with yahoo mail and can give me some thoughts?

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I sure would like it; but after my initial hardon for it wore off I decided it's not work switching carriers to a carrier that doesn't provide adequate service in my area + $400.

That's my issue too. I wouldnt mind it if it used AT&T 3G since I already have AT&T and Sprint. Im not switching to Tmo again. I love those guys, but coverage is really poor here.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I had my Pre since day one, even getting it 1st in the store here... And switched to my Hero about 2 weeks ago... I LOVE IT. The "maintenance" is nothing but 30sec of turning of Location stuff and turning it back on - if you even do it. Compare that to restarting your Pre everyday. Oh and IF you do actually restart your Hero (it doesn't need it) it takes a total of 1min to turn on a be functional.

As for the Yahoo issue, I've not had it. I have a new Hero that has "with Google" on it and I'm not sure if there's a difference, but I have not had an issue with my Yahoo mail and WiFi once yet. Who knows though.

I think once you switch, you'll fall in love with it like everyone else has.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poopiexyz