Hey all

Roni96

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to say hi to all of you. I just decided to switch to android from windows phone 8. I have a Lumia 920 but I'll be getting the HTC one m7 next week to try out the android (I know the m7 is not the best that I can get but i got it to see how good android is). I'm actually pretty excited to use android because I have used windows phone 8-8.1 for 2 years and ios on my iPad about a year now. I've never used android before so I have a question for you:
What are the best/must-have apps for the android or just for the HTC one?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to say hi to all of you. I just decided to switch to android from windows phone 8. I have a Lumia 920 but I'll be getting the HTC one m7 next week to try out the android (I know the m7 is not the best that I can get but i got it to see how good android is). I'm actually pretty excited to use android because I have used windows phone 8-8.1 for 2 years and ios on my iPad about a year now. I've never used android before so I have a question for you:
What are the best/must-have apps for the android or just for the HTC one?

Welcome to the forums. What kind of apps are you looking for?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The apps that are "must have" are based on personal preference. However, recommending an app is entirely possible, and I'd say you should try out WPS Office, and ES File Explorer.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

Roni96

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What kind of apps are you looking for?

Well I was wondering if I should use 3rd party apps instead of the official ones? Because when I was using windows phone I almost every time ended up using 3rd party apps because they were a lot better than the official ones. So for example do you think the official Facebook app is the best or is there better 3rd party apps for facebook?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I was wondering if I should use 3rd party apps instead of the official ones? Because when I was using windows phone I almost every time ended up using 3rd party apps because they were a lot better than the official ones. So for example do you think the official Facebook app is the best or is there better 3rd party apps for facebook?

I use a mix of apps. Some Google, some third party. As far as Facebook goes, I am not sure. I am one of the rare people who don't use FB often.

I like Keep for taking notes. Evernote is a popular one. Kingsoft Office is good for almost any type of format. It can read most MS ones.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

The M7 is not the greatest phone out, but it's definitely a good phone to get started with Android and seeing what the OS offers. It's still a solidly built phone that you should enjoy.

Is there anything in particular you are looking for in an app or service? That'll help us recommend apps to you.

Roni96

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I mostly just wanted to know if the 3rd party apps are better than google's apps. One thing that i want to know is that is there an app for Microsoft's Onedrive? I know Google has Dropbox but I really don't feel like changing the cloud service because it would take a lot of time with my internet connection.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu