Hey Bixby and OK Google not working

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Both the assistants aren't responding to my voice inputs. The only way I can activate them is via their buttons. That defeats the purpose of having the assistants.

I used Google Assistant a lot on my S8 and previous phones, so it's a big miss for me.

Did someone else face this and we're they able to resolve it?

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hope this helps
4ea1a20803417e80c5fe976361cdaff3.jpg

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
did you try to turn of voice control in the camera? if it is on then the others won't work. you have to choose Bixby or camera, not both.

crackercraig

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Camera voice control was off. Anyways, the both the voice assistants started working today for no reason at all!!!

Not sure what changed overnight.

I've been having the same problem. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Don't know why. Sometimes one works but the other doesn't. Sometimes neither work, sometimes both work. It's very frustrating

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I ran into a similar problem with no speaker media sound, until I closed all the apps in the recent app drawer, something I seldom do. BTW, rebooting your phone doesn't clear out those recently used apps. So if you are having a problem with app sounds, you might try closing all recently used apps. Then try the ones that didn't work before.

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I found when I have power saving mode on that Google Assistant doesn't respond. When I turn off power saving mode the Google Assistant works. I don't use Bixby and have turned off the button.

Axel Hoebeke

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
I found when I have power saving mode on that Google Assistant doesn't respond. When I turn off power saving mode the Google Assistant works. I don't use Bixby and have turned off the button.

My power saving is off, but any voice control doesn't work (Bixby, Google, photo).

Back in Axetion

Jun 9, 2018
Visit site
Hey everybody! I figured out that saying "Hey Bixby" simply turns on voice activation. You have to repeat it to actually get Bixby to listen to a command. I don't know why Samsung did this but that's it!