Question Hi could I get some advice

Spider-98

Feb 17, 2023
Visit site
I was checking package app as my screenshot file says media not found. I saw this on my list of apps any idea what it is and any idea on how to fix the media not found issue. Screenshot_20240411-100808~2.png

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok thanks for that. You don't think it's malware or anything has gotten on my device?
Well the T-Mobile thing is strange but I have to dig around about access storage photos not showing up but in goggle photos no issue. Can it be possible you have malware yes but usually if you go to shady sites or download unknown sources , if not than probably not

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My advice, Factory Reset. I hate when people throw that option out there but when something as strange as media not saving/opening properly, you're hunting ghost.

If the package is still there, freeze it (use an app or ADB) but do NOT delete it.

Spider-98

Feb 17, 2023
Visit site
My advice, Factory Reset. I hate when people throw that option out there but when something as strange as media not saving/opening properly, you're hunting ghost.

If the package is still there, freeze it (use an app or ADB) but do NOT delete it.
Hi I can open i if I go through this way but not through the other way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411-160854~2.png
    Screenshot_20240411-160854~2.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240411-160815~2.png
    Screenshot_20240411-160815~2.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 7

Spider-98

Feb 17, 2023
Visit site
Am just more worried about it being malware am getting a new phone tomorrow. A new Motorola so don't know if I should check if the T-Mobile is installed on new phone as a pre-installed app

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just doing a quick search it looks like some kind of diagnostic tool but one thread also says it's used to collect user information. I found threads on Reddit and at XDA Developers. I just searched the name, tmobile echocolate. At least one thread mentions it being on a Galaxy device, so it isn't just a Moto thing.

To me it seems like one of those things, why reinvent the wheel when someone else has already done the work, and is one of those things that MFGr's use to save time. Especially if it is being used to collect some kind of user data.

Do the search, read the articles and see what you conclude.

Spider-98

Feb 17, 2023
Visit site
Just doing a quick search it looks like some kind of diagnostic tool but one thread also says it's used to collect user information. I found threads on Reddit and at XDA Developers. I just searched the name, tmobile echocolate. At least one thread mentions it being on a Galaxy device, so it isn't just a Moto thing.

To me it seems like one of those things, why reinvent the wheel when someone else has already done the work, and is one of those things that MFGr's use to save time. Especially if it is being used to collect some kind of user data.

Do the search, read the articles and see what you conclude.
So you don't think it's anything to be concerned about

Vernelle

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
I was checking package app as my screenshot file says media not found. I saw this on my list of apps any idea what it is and any idea on how to fix the media not found issue. View attachment 361701
Where exactly did you find the Package App? Most phones including Tmobile that I have come with pre-installed apps. I try not to touch them.
Did you find this under your main Apps or under Settings?
We're having trouble with something on your phone. I gave a Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts