Hidden alarm going off each morning

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
So for the last several days, I have an alarm going off on my default clock app (do not have any other such alarm apps, no "sleepIQ" apps, or any other app that would set off an alarm).

Goes off at 5:35am, and doesn't show up in my Clock app. Only my actual alarm does, which is set to 6:15 and goes off properly at that time.

Have tried clearing data/cache in the alarm app to no avail (other than it simply resetting my alarms to default, the mystery alarm still goes off at 5:35).

Next steps I guess will be putting the phone into safe mode, and possibly trying to force disable the clock and using another app, then possibly factory reset.

But anything else I could be missing? Seems others that have had this issue either don't post how they resolved it, or it was due to some sleep app putting in an automated alarm somehow.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Do you have Zedge installed? I know it sounds crazy but the Zedge app caused the same issue to happen to me about five years ago. I was in the shower one morning and my alarm just started going off for no reason. It happened the next two mornings in a row....alarm going off for no reason. I uninstalled that app and it never happened again. I have no idea why that app caused it, a wallpaper app should have no effect on the alarm. But it did in my case.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nope, and I looked through my apps, nothing new installed in the last few weeks either.
That's probably caused by a third party app, the usual culprits are calendars, note taking/to do list apps or even music apps like Pandora or TuneIn. You could check the notification log and see if the alarm left a record in there. To create the widget long press an empty spot on your home screen - widgets - scroll down until you find settings 1x1 - drag it to the screen and select 'notification log'.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Using the process mentioned. Long press empty screen area > select Widgets > scroll down and find the Settings 1 X 1 widget > you will be prompted for which Setting to associate with the new Widget > select Notification Logs.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Using the process mentioned. Long press empty screen area > select Widgets > scroll down and find the Settings 1 X 1 widget > you will be prompted for which Setting to associate with the new Widget > select Notification Logs.

I learned something today.... Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadsak