Honor 8: One Month Later

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
After a month of using the Honor 8, I can absolutely back it up as a fantastic phone, especially at the $400 price point. While*there are plenty of other great options*in this price range, like the*OnePlus 3, the Honor 8 is still a powerful phone that holds up to daily usage.

As a student, I*need the best performance out of my phone, whether*I'm texting my friends, navigating with walking directions to a bookstore (for overpriced textbooks), or simply*lasting throughout a day of heavy usage, the Honor*8 fills all of those roles perfectly. The Huawei fast charging has definitely been a factor in this,*but*I*would still be comfortable with a day of heavy usage on battery only.

Pictures are also great on the Honor 8. While I still*look admiringly at photos taken with*a Samsung*Galaxy s7 or a Google Pixel, the Honor 8 camera has been great, and I feel*like the quality*has actually improved with the recent Nougat betas I've been testing (yes,*it's*coming, be patient). The dual cameras make for some great image quality, and I am able to capture sharp detail and accurate colors for daily posts*to Instagram.

The fingerprint sensor has seemed to slow down a bit, as is normal on most smartphones, but it is*still relatively snappy and continues to beat in contest the unlock times of phones like the iPhone 7 or even the OnePlus 3, much to my fellow tech-loving friends dismay.

All in all, the Honor 8*has held up well, and the upcoming Nougat update will definitely make it a lot nicer, and remove some of the bloat that came with*EMUI*4.1.*To the other Honor 8 owners, how has your Honor 8 been holding up? Let me know in the comments below!

May the Force be with you!

-Lumivalo

P.S. Yes, I did see Rogue One. I'm in a*Star Wars mood!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Excellent post, OP! I couldn't agree with you more. I've had my Honor 8 for less than two weeks, but I too am very satisfied with my decision and am still loving it! I love the fingerprint sensor and the fast charging - especially the fast charging. I'm really enjoying the EMUI experience, as well. Glad you are liking yours! And good luck with school! What colour did you get?

Yes, Star Wars was a great movie! I saw it with my boyfriend yesterday. Very well done. :)

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Honor 8 for 1/4th of the year (whoa) and it's still been great for me. I have tried so many phones and it is just one of those that I have had no serious compromise with at all. No complaints at all, aside from wishing that it was shorter but that's not a real complaint :p

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Had the Honor 7 before as my second device besides the iPhone 7 Plus. Now I've bought the Honor 8 and am very impressed. Amazing speed and the sleek design makes my iPhone look really dated. :-D

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I was at my local At&t store to get a replacement SIM for my second line, and the rep was asking me a lot about the Honor 8. He mentioned he gets tired of seeing nothing but Apple and Samsung.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just wait a year or two. Then everybody will be talking about Huawei and not Samsung any more.

I definitely feel like this line of devices will take off and be successful in some way. I also like using products that are "different" from everyone else's, so I love it when people ask, "what kind of phone is that?" I just like going against the grain.

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Recently I read somewhere that Huawei is also investing much more money in research than any other brand. So it's not just coincidence that they're producing such great quality products.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
That's correct. Actually,*Samsung is shifting away from smartphones now - they're still going to continue manufacturing them, but they're now prioritizing appliances and*smart cars over smartphones in R&D.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I feel like that bottom bezel could really have been put to better use with capacitive navigation buttons.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan