How add skype to fring?

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well today fring was updated on iphone with video chat, just so happens fring disabled the video chat for android users..hmmm sounds like fring just jumped in bed with apple and kicked android to the curb.. they cleared all the android users off the servers for the iphone 4G...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Android users can still video chat with other Fring users including those on iPhone 4. I just tested it.

They only disabled the Skype video chat.

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Fring had one purpose for me, evo to PC. It is now worthless in my estimation. Maybe when more people I know get an Iphone4.. but by then there will be 10 apps that do this.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Fring had one purpose for me, evo to PC. It is now worthless in my estimation. Maybe when more people I know get an Iphone4.. but by then there will be 10 apps that do this.

Ditto. Can't even use the chat feature?!?! That was my IM with my wife and I just brought home a web cam and got it all set up.....then went to make a video call and no skype on my Fring.

Dammit. It is now worthless.

Which begs a question I've been dying to know. I know the iPhone is popular and all, but it's only on AT&T. Are there seriously more iPhone users out there than Android users (considering Android phones are on every carrier)? I've been wondering that for awhile considering how everyone seems to develop for the iPhone first, then Android second...

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's what Fring support is saying.

http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16924

Update: Huge fring video calling uptake stressing capacity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone.

This is absolutely amazing. Since the release of our latest iPhone version yesterday we have seen a huge jump in fring video calling.

So, to free up some room for more fring-to-fring video calling, we are temporarily reducing support to Skype. Be patient, we'll have some more updates soon.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Reminder:

Post in the right forum - The forum index is broken down by categories. There are specific forums for applications, devices, device hacks, carriers, general chat, etc. Unique forums exist for a reason. Before you create a new thread, please ensure it is being posted in the most applicable forum. Threads discussing an Android application are generally not device specific, and should be posted in the Apps forum.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Which begs a question I've been dying to know. I know the iPhone is popular and all, but it's only on AT&T. Are there seriously more iPhone users out there than Android users (considering Android phones are on every carrier)? I've been wondering that for awhile considering how everyone seems to develop for the iPhone first, then Android second...
There are seriously WAY more iPhone users than Android users. Most recent market data shows Apple phones with 24% market share compared to Google with 13%, before the release of iPhone 4.

Of course neither compares to RIM (Blackberry) with 41%.
--
Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

brybry2

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
This is total Bullcrap. I use fring with skype all the time have gone out and spend $400 on cameras for family members. I dont use iphone have any friends using iphone. But because of that company that ususlly does not play friendly with anyone skype users have to suffer. Fring has lost me for every

G

GenericMessage

Oh they're both playing the blame game.

So who knows whats really going on

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who just got an Evo and is having trouble setting up fring with skype. When he first tried it, he found the addon but it never was able to add it, it timed out or something. So he reinstalled fring and now says that no skype addon appears. Any ideas?

It always took a good 20-30 seconds to poll Skype and show all my contacts, but now of course Skype has been removed from Frings add-on list, so we're stuck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie