How are tempered glass screen protectors working for this phone

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I really want the S8 but no tempeeed glass is so hard to imagine, my iPhone has no scratches on the real screen because of them and I love the smooth feel of glass.

How has the tempered glass been for you guys for this phone?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I really want the S8 but no tempeeed glass is so hard to imagine, my iPhone has no scratches on the real screen because of them and I love the smooth feel of glass.

I have the Spigen. Bought a 2 pack, installed one to my wife and mine with ease. They work perfectly. I previously had a BlackBerry Priv and i had to use a wet application screen protector because of the curved screen. This experience has convinced me that i prefer flat screens over curved since I always use screen protectors.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Almost all tempered glass on the G6 will be perfect. I found one brand (cant remember the name right now) that was a hair too long but all the others have been excellent. This is one of the biggest selling points to me on the G6.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
20170517091722_IMG_0146.jpg
20170517091535_IMG_0140.jpg20170517091427_IMG_0137.jpg

This might be overkill for the topic, but I wanted to include 2 other accessories I used to protect my G6. (They don't interfere with the tempered glass protector at all).

The Spigen Neo Hybrid feels great and looks good providing a moderate level of protection.

The Spigen tempered glass screen protector fits great and has been holding up nicely over the past week. Screen is just as responsive with or without.

For the rear, I used the Armorsuit military shield. (I am only using the back shield from this to protect the rear glass of the device from scratches. I have found that foreign particles can accumulate inside the case and scratch the finish. If you want to keep it pristine, this is a good idea IMO.

All of these items are very affordable on Amazon - total cost was about $35.

Infiniti14

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I have the Spigen. Bought a 2 pack, installed one to my wife and mine with ease. They work perfectly. I previously had a BlackBerry Priv and i had to use a wet application screen protector because of the curved screen. This experience has convinced me that i prefer flat screens over curved since I always use screen protectors.

+1 to the Spigen tempered glass. I just put one on my wifes new G6 and it's perfect. I fought with the curved glass on my Note7 (RIP) and on my current V20, and I prefer flat screens. Although at least on the V20 a short Spigen tempered glass protector works. Side curves are the worst.

benandfaith

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Did any of yours come with a protector already installed?

Mine did. But can't figure out if it is glass. It feels like glass but it is very thin.

(I'm in Australia, LG Australia stock - LG-H870DS)

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Did any of yours come with a protector already installed?

Mine did. But can't figure out if it is glass. It feels like glass but it is very thin.

(I'm in Australia, LG Australia stock - LG-H870DS)

Mine came with protector out of the box...after using it for 20 days...i just installed a tempered glass..and i must say awesome fit...u barely know its there and gives same feel as your screen...main reason to choose G6 over s8 was flat screen and dual cameras

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Yootech 2 pack from Amazon.
It has been on for 2 weeks now and so far so good. No bubbles, no lifting corners, seems to have less finger prints, and screen clarity and touch responsiveness are excellent ;)

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Wife somehow cracked her screen protector yesterday. We think the 1 year old dropped the phone on our brick fireplace and it landed face down on brick. Screen is untouched.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Wife somehow cracked her screen protector yesterday. We think the 1 year old dropped the phone on our brick fireplace and it landed face down on brick. Screen is untouched.

Great to hear screen protector saved the day... That y I love flat screen phones can install a good tempered glass and can save lot of money on display replacement.. Hope edge screen drama gets over soon

floriyann

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same model as well and I live in the US. The screen protector that came with the phone is plastic and I'm about to replace it because the top corners started to lift and the bubble are quite visible. I bought a Spigen screen glass tempered, hope it does well.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Still rocking the plastic from day one. Lol my screen protector comes today. But i have dropped the phone a few times from it falling out of my pocket. No damage whatsoever or scratches. I guess im lucky or the phone is as durable as lg said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy