How can I change the cellular network band in my Nexus 6p?

A

AC Question

I live in Argentina and a year ago, I purchased my Nexus 6p in the USA. I have been using my device perfectly in my country until the last Android upgrade to 7.1.1, which made my Nexus useless in Argentina.

I have been adivsed by Google to modify the Android system in my Nexus, but what exactly do I have to do in order to enable connection to the Argentine cellular network again?

It seems Nexus 6P and its ugraded ANdroid are meant only for the USA and Europe, which I find outrageous!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There are two different models - the one intended for use in the US (H1511) and the International model (H1512). (Use something like DevCheck https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck&token=1ZKd3kPS to confirm which you have.) I can't speak to which device is targeted for use in Argentina, or why the device you have used to work but no longer does after an OS update.

You could look in Settings -> More -> Cellular networks -> Preferred network type and be sure that it's set appropriately (Global? LTE/GSM/UMTS?).

At worst you could reload the older OS build that did work correctly.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts