How can i change the default text editor app.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have more than one text editor installed in your phone? If so, go to settings - apps - select the text editor set as default - clear defaults. Tell us how it goes.

I'd recommend you to create and account here at Android Central. It's free and you'll be able to reply on your own threads instead of creating new ones all the time.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The appears is jota+ text editor. The file resides on Dropbox online. Dropbox is installed . I open the Dropbox appears, navigate to the text file and tap on it...
I don't have Dropbox installed so I can't check out how it works, but you could try a few things.

- See in the Dropbox app if there's a setting to always select an app to open text files. Clear defaults for Dropbox in settings - apps.

- Save one text file in your device and open it from the stock file explorer (settings - storage - explore). See if this way you can select a different app.

- Download a new text editor (or uninstall and install back any existing one). This should give you the selection menu next time you open a text file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad