How can I delete contacts from my Bluetooth?

bignloud65

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
Hello! When I connect my ZTE Blade Spark to my car Bluetooth, and when I go to the "phone book" listing on my dashboard screen, I get a bunch of numbers that read "Suspected Spam", "Debt Collector", etc. Obviously not numbers that I have entered into my phone listings. I have tried multiple times to get rid of these numbers, including contacting Bluetooth and my car manufacturer. I have had no luck.

Does anyone have any idea as to how to delete these listings from my Bluetooth phone book? There are quite a number of them, and it can take me forever to scroll through the listings to get to a contact at the end of the list.

Thank you for any help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried forgetting the phone from the car system (and the car system from the phone), then going through the pairing process again?

bignloud65

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
Yes, I have tried that. I have tried almost everything, it seems like. I am totally unsure as to what to do. I might just have to live with it, I guess.

I can't even bring up these listings on my phone to scroll through them and delete one by one.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I have tried that. I have tried almost everything, it seems like. I am totally unsure as to what to do. I might just have to live with it, I guess.

I can't even bring up these listings on my phone to scroll through them and delete one by one.
Do you have another phone maybe paired to your car? Or previous.

bignloud65

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
The phone I have currently I have had for awhile now. I don't believe that my older one would still be paired. I believe my current phone is the only one paired to the car.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The phone I have currently I have had for awhile now. I don't believe that my older one would still be paired. I believe my current phone is the only one paired to the car.
It's a long shot but double check , sometimes crazy things like that happens.

bignloud65

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
I had the chance to try to connect my old phone to my car. I was unable to. I actually don't even get anything to come up on my dashboard saying something like "connect" or "disconnect".

bignloud65

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
It's quite possible. I have tried going through VW for help, but they said they don't know what the problem is. Maybe I should try them again...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's quite possible. I have tried going through VW for help, but they said they don't know what the problem is. Maybe I should try them again...
Sometimes disconnect battery for 10 minutes helps with issues like that (meaning car battery negative side)

bignloud65

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
When I bring up my Bluetooth menu in the car, the only options it gives me is the phone book, recent calls, etc. I can't get anything else to come up, like unpair phone or anything like that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
When I bring up my Bluetooth menu in the car, the only options it gives me is the phone book, recent calls, etc. I can't get anything else to come up, like unpair phone or anything like that.
There might be another system menu where you can delete your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02