How can I divert all calls from non-contacts to voicemail?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been getting an infuriating amount of spam calls and would like to stop my phone from ringing all the time. I never answer phone calls that I am not expecting unless they come from someone on my contact list anyway, so the best solution I can think of is to just send all calls to voicemail by default and make an exception for the specific numbers of my contacts. Unfortunately, I can't find any way to do that. It seems like a pretty basic function that all phones should come with so I can't believe there isn't an app for it.

I don't care if legitimate calls are sent to my voicemail. I don't care if robocallers can still leave empty voicemails in my inbox. I just desperately want my phone to stop ringing all the time.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
You didn't mention what phone you have and functionality will very between phones.

I know on a lot of Samsung phones you can open the phone app, go to settings, blocked numbers, and select block unknown numbers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use Do Not Disturb, and under the People>Calls section, you can select either your Starred Contacts, or anyone in your Contacts to still be able to call through the Do Not Disturb. Anyone else who calls who is not in your contacts would go straight voicemail.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html