How can I fix a weird little problem since the latest update?

gamebird

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Weird little problem since latest update

Ever since the latest update on my VZW s7, I've had 2 incidences of the following: suddenly, the volume on all features (ringer, media, alarms, etc.) goes very low, and audio OK Google does not work. The first time it happened, right after the update, I had to do a virtual battery pull to fix it. The second time, a mere restart fixed it. But I I slept through a very soft alarm the other morning, and I missed a couple phone calls.

It's easily fixed but i never know when its going to happen. Anybody know what this could be and how to permanently fix it?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!

Based on the many reports of bugs after the update, here are your two options, hopefully the first one works.

1. Enter recover mode and wipe the Cache Partition, no data loss.

2. FULL FACTOR RESET, ALL DATA LOSS, LIKE NEW PHONE. Unfortunately, this one is probably going to have to be done, and should.

I do a Full Factory Reset after every update, but that's just me.

Hope the first one works for you!

Chris

gamebird

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Deleting the cache seemed to work! And since I couldn't seem to enter recovery mode without turning the damn phone off, I was able to delete through settings/storage/internal storage/cached data/delete. Thanks for your help!

TommyRXE

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Weird little problem since latest update

My and my wife's T-Mobile S7 do the same exact thing! Seems like a BBM bug. As soon as someone voice calls you via BBM it messes up all the audio outputs to just a barely audible buzz. Oddly enough, going into Settings, Applications, Application manager, BBM, Permissions, then turn off microphone, then turn on microphone again, clears those audio problems along with the Google Now audio microphone not working problem. But only until the next time someone rings your BBM with a call! Then you have to do it all over again. Resets, BBM uninstall/reinstall also doesn't fix it. Have no idea why toggling the BBM microphone affects the systems ringers and all other audio output. But obviously it's some kind of BBM bug that seems to have begun sometime after the newer "Beta" release of BBM since it was working fine on a daily basis for my wife and me until now. Surely hope they recognize and fix it soon so we can start using BBM again. Until then we have to avoid BBM calling entirely. We have been using BBM daily for voice calls to each other for YEARS now. But BBM is unusable now until when or IF they fix it.

Posted via the Android Central App

gamebird

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Two things: 1) the cache clearing in the end did not work. I had the problem occur again yesterday. 2) I don't use BBM! The problem occurred after the latest update to 6.01. I've been advised to do a factory reset. Perhaps you should try it too? When did you get the latest version of Marshmallow? (I don't know how to find that out BTW)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084