How can I fix the Android fastboot error: FAILED (remote: unknown command)?

Ka1n3

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Fix android fastboot error: "FAILED (remote: unknown command)"

[3 months ago]Ok, so when I first got my phone (LG Optimus L90 d415), I hated the stock ROM (4.4.2). So, I rooted, unlocked bootloader, flashed custom recovery, and finally flashed a nightly build of CM 12. Worked sorta ok... so, when Android 5.0 was released for the d415, I decided to switch back to the "Stock" ROM.

[Present Day]After I flashed that back (took a long time too), I realized I had lost my recovery and root and THOUGHT I had lost my unlocked bootloader too. So then, I proceeded to root my phone again. This time, however, towelroot (or any other one-click application to root a android phone) did not work. So, being the eager ***** I am, I decided to try something called KingRoot, which is a sort-of partial (ish...) root. When I found that out the hard way, I tried another rooting application on top of KingRoot (I now realize the error of my ways).

One thing lead to another and I found myself here, desperately trying to reflash the laf.img to get my Download mode back (to no avail). The problem? This little crapper: "FAILED (remote: unknown command)." So essentially, my question is this: How can I fix my fastboot (the error message)? I have a sneaking suspicion that the error is not on the computer's side, but on the phone's, which presents the much bigger issue of my fastboot being inoperable. It might also be a problem with Android 5.0.2.....

I have already looked at dozen's of pages and forums trying to find an answer, but I have turned up empty handed. So, any help is greatly appreciated.

PS. The reason for the long background story is just in case the info would clear up some questions early on.

Ka1n3

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, to no avail. I cannot flash, boot, erase, or mess with the oem. I am 99% sure that the bootloader is still unlocked though.

By the way, I am almost to the point of scrapping my phone because of this issue.

looka

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Bump? Any updates on this? I have same issue on my h440n.
Almost all commands fail with FAILED (remote: unknown command)

imgur.com/a/LTiCO

Even though fastboot is responsive, other than that it's pretty much a brick :(