How can I get my LG G4 battery to charge faster?

A

AC Question

LG G4 battery question

I just got an LG G4 and when i plug in the charger that came with it so slow to charge it. I plugged it in and there is a message displaying saying use standard charger to charge faster I have no idea what a standard charger is I used the charger my phone provider gave me for the phone. How do i charge it faster?

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G4 battery question

Sounds like you're plugging into a computer and not using a wall charger, is that right? I get the same message (and slow charging experience) when plugged into a computer using USB

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Or the AC adapter is bad. I ordered a well rated Samsung OEM rapid charger on Amazon and G4 gave me that same message when plugged into the wall.

ekhb

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Get an [Qualcomm Certified] Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 on Amazon. They go for $11 shipped with prime every now and then.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

That stinks!

Yeah but the only reason I ordered it was to compare to my Tenergy QC charger which works fine. My stock one works fine as well.

Fortunately I ordered on Amazon so getting a refund was easy.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

OP: I had the same sort of message on a days-old Lumia 930 last year....switched the USB lead and have had no charging trouble since.

dann127

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Op: I had my G4 show this message a few days ago as well. I started getting a little freaked out the connector on the phone might be messed up but I think it was a combination of the charger not being seated well in the wall and the cable not being seated well in the charger.

Make sure both of those are well connected as that can slow down charging quite a bit. If it still needs to be faster go to a quick charger as others have said but if you can get rid of that message your charge speed should increase.

MarkQuestion

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I just got the same message and fixed it by flipping around the AC charger's orientation on the socket. Weird, but hey, at least it works correctly now.

Flyrye

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

I was getting the same message as well. I tried a few of the solutions below with no luck. What worked for me, was to use the LG usb and wall charger that the phone came with, and the message went away instantly. Before that, I was using a random charger and it appears it was this was causing the message. I also charged it plugged into a wall socket and not the computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech