How can I get rid of these annoying ads in notifications on my Lollipop Android mobile?

A

AC Question

Annoying Ads in notifications in lollipop android mobile

I recently purchased Android Lollipop phone but i am getting lot of annoying ads in notification bar.Below are things which i tried
--I checked multiple sites and tried by installing ad blocker/ad detector apps but these apps are not showing any app which are causing ads in notifications.
--i disabled all notifications from all apps one by one manually (except watsapp,gmail and facebook) by unchecking "Show notification" under settings>apps>app_name > Show notification but still i was getting ads.
--I read somewhere if you want detail of app which is sending ads then press that ad for longer time then it will lead you to app information and you can uninstall that app.When i did same on some app then it led me to "software update (Services: Actionservice,processes: Software update com.rock.gota) " which was running.

So i am confused whether it is really causing ads ?? If yes,can we uninstall it or find a way to stop ad?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Annoying Ads in notifications in lollipop android mobile

I would do a factory data reset. You shouldn't be getting ads in the notification bar.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

You likely have an app installed that pops those ads up... Any free games or anything that claims to improve battery/performance/speed/etc?

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You probably installed a app with malware. Try to find the specific application. I recommend AirPush Detector for that purpose. Stock OS of any android devices doesn't give you ads what so ever. It'll the end users fault if they get ads... It's am application that's causing that.

Posted via the Android Central App for Sailfish OS on my iPad 7

Anonymous111

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Update from Asker
==============
checked and found that lot of people are facing ads in notifications.I read somewhere that google is also sending lot of ads through its applications (not sure how far it is true)

--I uninstalled most of apps preloaded+ downloaded but still ads were coming

--I have done factory reset ,now i just installed FB and watsapp.Apart from that i uninstalled most of unnecessary preloaded apps by android/Google.

--Noticed that "Software update version 01.01.11" which i mentioned in my question is also preloaded app.

--I have turn off notifications of most of apps manually by unchecking "show notifications" for each app except gmail,fb,watsapp

Will wait for few days to see whether i still get ads in notification ..CAn someone tell me what is usage of "com.android.partner.tc" in android????

Update 2 :
=======
Even after factory reset did not resolve issue.I checked and found that software update (Services: Actionservice,processes: Software update com.rock.gota,version 01.01.11) was preloaded app ,i stop this app ,now i am not getting any spam ads in notification bar.I have stopped this app 2 days back ,No issue after that ...Now i will wait for another 4-5 days ..if everything goes fine then i will disable this app.

Issue resolved.Thanks to everyone who replied this thread.

Last edited:

jimmy7sky

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Update from Asker
==============

Update 2 :
=======
Even after factory reset did not resolve issue.I checked and found that software update (Services: Actionservice,processes: Software update com.rock.gota,version 01.01.11) was preloaded app ,i stop this app ,now i am not getting any spam ads in notification bar.I have stopped this app 2 days back ,No issue after that ...Now i will wait for another 4-5 days ..if everything goes fine then i will disable this app.

Issue resolved.Thanks to everyone who replied this thread.

Hi.
I'm having the same problem...
Please teach me step by step how to disable that apps add on notification bar...

Thank you...

Best regard.

supritdt

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

The latest version of Android handles notifications a little differently and offers you a lot more control over the notifications you’ll see. For the first time you have a dedicated notification section, and some real power to discern what you do and don’t get bothered by.

When a notification pops up in your notification shade you can simply long press on it to bring up a link to the notification page for that app via the “i” icon. It’s a shortcut to the app notification page, which you’ll also find listed at Settings > Sound & notification > App notifications. Every app is listed here and you can decide if you want to turn notifications off by toggling the Block option.

You can also use the Priority option to ensure that notifications gravitate to the top of your notification list and still come through when you’ve turned on Allow only priority interruptions via Settings > Sound & notification > Interruptions > When notifications arrive.

If you use a PIN, pattern , or password for screen lock then you can also set notifications as Sensitive, which will prevent the notification content showing up on your lock screen. For example, you’ll get a notification about a new email, but it won’t display any of the content in the email.

Sent from my 3G 7271-HD70 using Tapatalk

supritdt

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

The latest version of Android handles notifications a little differently and offers you a lot more control over the notifications you’ll see. For the first time you have a dedicated notification section, and some real power to discern what you do and don’t get bothered by.

When a notification pops up in your notification shade you can simply long press on it to bring up a link to the notification page for that app via the “i” icon. It’s a shortcut to the app notification page, which you’ll also find listed at Settings > Sound & notification > App notifications. Every app is listed here and you can decide if you want to turn notifications off by toggling the Block option.

You can also use the Priority option to ensure that notifications gravitate to the top of your notification list and still come through when you’ve turned on Allow only priority interruptions via Settings > Sound & notification > Interruptions > When notifications arrive.

If you use a PIN, pattern , or password for screen lock then you can also set notifications as Sensitive, which will prevent the notification content showing up on your lock screen. For example, you’ll get a notification about a new email, but it won’t display any of the content in the email.

Sent from my 3G 7271-HD70 using Tapatalk
Hope it will resolve the issue ..
If not then plz try to tell us what different happens

averen09

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

You've installed something, i think that you should look for the app that you have recently installed

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Android Central

stephenthomas1989

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it's a very good chance you downloaded an app with adware. Some of these guys make their money that way. For example, I downloaded this Flash Keyboard app for its themes. Little did I know that also include a second lock screen (twice the fun of unlocking) shoving ads down your throat for their other products.

Fortunately, Android N should have the solution. I noticed that they will be banning video, picture, and network push ads. Problem solved (fingers crossed).

SimmiJimmi

May 29, 2018
Visit site

are you still facing this issues as im planning to apply tthe solution on Samsung galaxy 9
please guide me on making this change on samsung galaxy 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85