How can I keep an app from reloading after being idle?

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
There are some apps that I use that reload themselves if I tap to open or switch to it through the task view. I don't want them to do this, as some apps break from this, ortake 1 or 2 solid seconds to fully boot back up again (namely Samsung Notes, or my workplace app). I have all battery optimization options switched off, I've tried placing the apps in never sleeping as well as exclude from memory check, or have them as Unrestricted, however no matter what I have tried, the results are never fruitful.

On Samsung Galaxy A23 5G, Android 14 OS, OneUI 6.

Reactions: Amthebigdog

Amthebigdog

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
There are some apps that I use that reload themselves if I tap to open or switch to it through the task view. I don't want them to do this, as some apps break from this, ortake 1 or 2 solid seconds to fully boot back up again (namely Samsung Notes, or my workplace app). I have all battery optimization options switched off, I've tried placing the apps in never sleeping as well as exclude from memory check, or have them as Unrestricted, however no matter what I have tried, the results are never fruitful.

On Samsung Galaxy A23 5G, Android 14 OS, OneUI 6.
Really? 1 or 2 seconds. I remember using a 1500 baud rate modem and it took 10 minutes to complete the handshake.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try bringing up the App Overview/Recent Apps, and pin the app in question. That might force the system to keep the app in RAM.