How can i permanently disable Mobile Data on my device?

Kristian Clark

Apr 14, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 which is on an Optus plan. The 4 people in my family - being me, my mum, my dad and my younger sister - have around 20gb of mobile data we share every month. For reasons id rather not disclose I need to disable Mobile Data, while still being able to make and recieve calls and texts. Does anyone know if this would be possible at all?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 which is on an Optus plan. The 4 people in my family - being me, my mum, my dad and my younger sister - have around 20gb of mobile data we share every month. For reasons id rather not disclose I need to disable Mobile Data, while still being able to make and recieve calls and texts. Does anyone know if this would be possible at all?
Pull down the notification bar, look for the mobile data toggle, turn it off.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In a way that no one would be able to turn it on again except you? Dialing *#2263# might (depending on the ROM and I don't have an S5 to test it with) should allow you to select the data mode - select one not used by Optus (CDMA might work - to not work).

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Settings, Data Usage, unclick Mobile data. You can also set a limit on how much data you use. When you reach that point, your phone won't let you access any more data.