How can I put links in my post? Pls

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

To clarify your trying to copy and paste a link to your post in the forums?

You have 2 ways to achieve this.

1. Copy your URL/link information with your mobile device then from browser or forum app like AC Forums App or Tapatalk you just long press in your post and it should give you a PASTE option.

2. If your using a mobile browser and browsing the forums in FULL DESKTOP VIEW then when making your post, at the bottom right of your post editor you will see a Go Advanced button. Select that option and it will open an advanced editor with more options. See the screenshot below.

View attachment 91996

Notice the RED BOX around some buttons, those buttons will allow you to add an IMAGE, URL & VIDEO or REMOVE THEM from your post. Click it and you can then copy and paste the URL into the pop up box and it will create a hyperlink in your post.

Hope this helps!

Paul
Forums Moderator.

I came into this thread a few minutes ago and could see yr image you posted clear as a bell, but now I'm back in via ac forums its the same little broken box. I wonder if I'll be able to see all images that i can't see in here. Would be useful. :)

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all of you! I'm pretty sure I've got copying & pasting links all good now, plus I can come back to this thread to check anything.

Yaaay! :p :D ;) :) :p

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh my goodness!!!!!
It worked!! LOL :D
How cool is that. I suppose u could copy the URL but as plain txt, then put the other stuff around it?
That would be great for really long URL's lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep, you're right :)

And you'd even let the forum app create the link with the quare brackets for you and then you'd edit the link for to put in your text.

Quote my post again ...
first line is the link created by the forum app,
second line is edited.

http://www.google.com
This is an example link to Google

Cool

this is my link but I copy & pasted it from yours. But yours has an extra = and a square bracket missing so I will do that here too

Yay it worked!!!
Now I'll find a web page, copy the link, paste it in here and then edit it. :eek: lol
Back soon. :)

OK......

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Timitalia_-_dragonfly_(by).jpg

mmmmm didn't put the brackets, I'll try the link looking button

Timitalia_-_dragonfly_%28by%29.jpg]I am a peeking dragonfly

Lol the first one was the actual image, the second was a broken image box

I'll try the other option in the link button...

I am a peeking dragonfly

Oh my GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!! That is sooooo cool lol :p:D:)

So the "insert image link" option puts the image in the post,
And the "insert URL link" option puts in the link which can be edited to have your own text showing instead of the URL text.

What an incredibly useful thing to learn!
Thank you so much Adamsberg for sharing that with me! :):):):):):)

Last edited:

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
That's cool! I had a quick look and saved the link. Thanks :)

I should probably read it more before I start to ask you questions, but wondering, can it be used outside of forums? Eg in emails & information organising apps like Evernote & OneNote?

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
That's cool! I had a quick look and saved the link. Thanks :)

I should probably read it more before I start to ask you questions, but wondering, can it be used outside of forums? Eg in emails & information organising apps like Evernote & OneNote?

I use it only in forums, so I don't know where it'd be used otherwise :) ... BB Code stands for Bulletin Board Code.

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh OK
I'll read about it on their site hopefully :p
Shall l let u know if I find out anything interesting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaplogo