How can i update this thing??

Marcus Decent

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
So a friend gave me her old Samsung Fascinate on Verizon because i broke my HTC One X and got stuck with a blackberry. I'm on AT&T so i'm using the Fascinate as an "iPod" if you will, it's not activated. It's on Android 2.1 and a lot of apps require 2.2/2.3 so I've been trying to upgrade with no luck. I tried an OTA update but it kept telling me the server is unavailable and i tried through Kies but it just says "Connecting" forever without ever connecting. I've reset the phone and tried everything but calling Verizon. I don't know if it needs to be activated to get the update or if I am too late so i tried to root it. I got so lost in instructions and download links that were expired, i gave up. So here I am now, 3 days later with hand full of hair (not really).

Is it something I am not doing right? I am not new to android but I am new to rooting and have the furthest idea how to do it apparently. Do you guys have anything i can do to update it, at least to 2.2? 2.3 would be ideal but 2.2 would be good too. Please help! I love this phone so far but I'm really missing the apps.

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've got one, and I started out here in the Fascinate sub-forums. Cory Streater had a sticky on rooting; DroidXCon had a sticky on flashing RoM's. I'm now running 4.1.2, thanks to the posts in the fascinat Fascinate sub-forums at XDA.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can do anything on a smart phone without activation. My fascinate won't go to the desktop without being re activated

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma