Question How can I use my CD player while on my PC?

rangh

May 12, 2024
Visit site
I apologize if the title is a bit confusing. I listen to music from my CD player, and have no interest in using MP3, Spotify, or whatever. But when I'm using my PC, I have my headphones plugged in and obviously these make it quieter, or harder to hear the CD player. Makes it sound just like background noise. And also that the CD player will come through my microphone and my teammates have to hear it. Is there a way to be using my PC, and at the same time, have my CD player audio coming through the same headphones? I tried plugging my portable CD player into all 3 of the audio jacks on the motherboard and none of them worked (maybe I'm doing something wrong in settings?). Is there a way to plug this portable CD player in and listen to my music? Or if I have to buy another CD drive for my PC specifically?

Reactions: Zack Kitts

Zack Kitts

May 12, 2024
Visit site
I apologize if the title is a bit confusing. I listen to music from my CD player, and have no interest in using MP3, Spotify, or whatever. But when I'm using my PC, I have my headphones plugged in and obviously these make it quieter, or harder to hear the CD player. Makes it sound just like background noise. And also that the CD player will come through my microphone and my teammates have to hear it. Is there a way to be using my PC, and at the same time, have my CD player audio coming through the same headphones? I tried plugging my portable CD player into all 3 of the audio jacks on the motherboard and none of them worked (maybe I'm doing something wrong in settings?). Is there a way to plug this portable CD player in and listen to my music? Or if I have to buy another CD drive for my PC specifically?
It sounds like the PC hardware may not support the type of functionality you are looking for, or it could have something to do with the brand of CD player not being compatible in some way. As for your teammates being able to hear it, I would look into some headphones with high-quality noise reduction. Some of the gaming sets like the Turtle Beach line are great for background noise cancellation. Even though they might be more expensive, it could be worth a try to see if it gets you the results you want. Hey, if not, just return them.