How can I use my verizon galaxy note 2 and switch to att?

funnyguy337

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
My name is Lee,and my Verizon bill is ridiculous.
But luckily I have an awesome friend with ATT and a spare phone line in which ill use.
So how can I cancel my Verizon account,and use my Galaxy Note 2 on ATT?
Please help,I've been looking and looking for an answer soo long.
Thank you in advance
Lee

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess you could try putting your friend's ATT sim card in your phone and see what happens. From some of these other posts about global use, it may just work. Not sure about your data speed though.

Posted via Android Central App

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I guess you could try putting your friend's ATT sim card in your phone and see what happens. From some of these other posts about global use, it may just work. Not sure about your data speed though.

Posted via Android Central App

with my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, data speed is pretty fast on AT&T HSDPA network(faster than 3G)....

I've been using my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 with AT&T prepaid GoPhone SIM card for a few months. ($60 unlimited voice/text and 2GB data)

Try this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...eeded-3g-data-gsm-thanks-verizons-update.html

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I've read that there's a hardware hack that will let you use it on ATT.

a hardware hack? why? there is absolutely no need to do anything....

let me put it simply... go to a Verizon store and buy a brand new Verizon Galaxy Note 2 today,
go down the block to the AT&T store and get an AT&T prepaid SIM card... insert the card
into your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and you can immediately start using it on AT&T's network
for voice and text. To use data, just enter wap.cingular in the APN setting... simple as that.

funnyguy337

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried putting the ATT sim card she had in a really old school phone,but the sim card was too big.
Now if I have her get a sim card,does she need to specify its formy Verizon Galaxy Note 2?
Or is the ATT sim card smaller now? Or just for smart phones?
Thank you soo much, you have helped alot.
I hope im only a step away..Lee. Now does a sim card cost or get free?

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried putting the ATT sim card she had in a really old school phone,but the sim card was too big.
Now if I have her get a sim card,does she need to specify its formy Verizon Galaxy Note 2?
Or is the ATT sim card smaller now? Or just for smart phones?
Thank you soo much, you have helped alot.
I hope im only a step away..Lee. Now does a sim card cost or get free?

Here's what you need to do:

(1) go to a corporate-owned AT&T store

(2) ask for a micro-SIM card (tell them it's for a Galaxy Note 2)

(3) they'll give you one for free... all the AT&T stores in my area give them out for free

(4) go home

(5) log into AT&T's GoPhone prepaid activation page

(6) enter your zip code, this will determine which area code you get... use a different zip code if you want area code somewhere else

(7) choose a 4-digit PIN

(8) pick a prepaid plan.. from 25-cent/minute all the way to $60/month unlimited voice/text with 2GB data

(9) add money... not required if you just want to see if the SIM card works in a Verizon Galaxy Note 2

(10) insert the micro-SIM card into the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

(11) power on the phone

(12) you will now see "AT&T" when you pull down the notification menu

(13) for data, enter "wap.cingular" in APN menu

(14) done

I hope this helps. :)

Ashley Chambers

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
a hardware hack? why? there is absolutely no need to do anything....

let me put it simply... go to a Verizon store and buy a brand new Verizon Galaxy Note 2 today,
go down the block to the AT&T store and get an AT&T prepaid SIM card... insert the card
into your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and you can immediately start using it on AT&T's network
for voice and text. To use data, just enter wap.cingular in the APN setting... simple as that.

MY phone for some reason want work with other provides even after changing the networsettings any suggestions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts