How do I access Security features?

slatedd

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Cant access Security features

I have a newly purchased Samsung Galaxy Note 4, that is running Android 4.4.4 and I have a problem.

When I go to Settings > Security it says that settings has stopped working. Other parts of settings work just fine, but security is the only one I cannot access. I was going to encrypt my device but now I am unable to.

How do I fix this problem and get access to my device's security settings? Do I have malware on my phone? Thanks for any help.

slatedd

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I just tried to wipe the cache partition and the problem is still occurring.

>Open Settings
>Select "Security"
>Settings go away and screen appears saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

I had a weird app installed automatically on my phone called "Security Policy Updates" and I think the problem might be linked to that. My phone has a Note 4 as well and she can still access her security features, along with that she does not have the Security Policy Updates app on her phone. I dont want to do a factory reset but I think I will have to if I cant find a solution to this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Security Policy Updates is a Samsung thing. It's possible that could be causing a conflict. Unfortunately, I don't have any further suggestions, besides maybe contacting Samsung support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez