How do I add google play account to my Huawei phone?

Eezageeza

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
I purchased my Huawei phone in Shenzhen, China. I am a British national in the the UK. I am in the UK. I have a UK phone number and UK address.

My phone's software has obviously been corrupted by Chinese pre-sale meddling.

The Google account is not present in Settings-Accounts. After installing the Google Play app, it will not allow me to log on.

How do I install and access Google Play in the UK with my Chinese Huawei phone I am using in the UK?

It is possible to add Google Play?
If it isn't possible, then why not?
In that case, how do I reinstall a new Android OS?
Do I need to locate and remove a "restraining bolt" little chip that prevents the Chinese from accessing Google Play?

If you can help me, then I would be extremely grateful as would every other person who bought a Chinese phone when they were in China.

Kindest regards,

Eeza

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Phones intended for the Chinese market don't have Google services installed, and are not certified for Google Play. You'd have to install Google Play Services and all Google apps by installing the Gapps package: https://www.xda-developers.com/download-google-apps-gapps/. I'm not sure if these phones make it difficult for you to do this, but give it a shot.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Tell us if you succeed. The Open Gapps project was unavailable for months and it would be interesting to know whether it's up-and-running again.