How do I add webpages to my home screen?

jim66uk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Adding webpages to home screen

Morning

Just got a new Xperia Z3 Compact and it's not letting me do something I used to do with my old phone. I used to save my most used webpages on to my home screen, so I could get them with one touch.

I can still save the web pages to my home screen, but pressing them doesn't summon up the page I want if there's already a webpage running - it just brings up the last Chrome page I looked at. This means that to get the page I want, I have to either close ALL Chrome windows down first, or go through the bookmarks route.

I know - this problem's not exactly third world hunger! But it's bugging me that a function I used to have doesn't work on a new phone.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to revive what I used to have? I'm assuming it's an Android issue (v4.4.4) rather than Sony or Chrome??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Adding webpages to home screen

Welcome to Android Central! How are you currently saving webpages to your homescreen--are you using the Bookmarks widget?

jim66uk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Morning B
I just hit the 3-dot menu at the top-right of the webpage and select "Add to home screen"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try creating a bookmark in the browser first, then add the Bookmark widget to the homescreen.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novatian