How do I find the Software Version for Software Updates downloaded to my S4

bajangoodie

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to Samsung and new to the forum. I hope this is the right spot to place this question.
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Android Version: 4.2.2
Model Number: SGH-I337M

Today, my phone said there was a "Software update"
I postponed it.
When I swipe down on the screen.....there is a message that says "Software update" and directly below it..it says "update postponed"

My question is:
How do I find out the version number for this Software update?

When the update message appeared, it didn't say what the version was. I've looked all over my phone, and I can not see what the software version is for this update.

I came from Apple, and they would usually show what version of software you're getting. Does samsung do this? Or do they just expect you to blindly download new software without knowing what the software is and what it does?

So if anyone can help me figure out where on my phone it tells me what version of software is being downloaded, that would be great!

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about an operating system update, or an app update? Both can show up in your notifications.

If it's an OS update, go to Settings/About phone/System updates, and usually you will see a screen telling you that you have a system update available, and the version of the update as well. Keep in mind that the update version doesn't track with the Android OS version number (i.e., an update to 4.3 won't necessarily be called "4.3").

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I would check with your service provider... they are the ones that put out the upgrades unless you have an international unit which I believe are updated by Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1